• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

begining of journey under stoke pct

twinkleysam

Hi im a newbie, im at begining of my journey towards a bypass. I have tried a million and one diets and also a gastric balloon all to no avail. Im im from Longton in stoke on trent and would like to share my journey with you all ive been reading postsw for a few days and noticed a few of you are from stoke. So far i have been to GP asked for surgery, been refered to weight loss nurse in practice who is sending me for bloods diabeties,thyroid,liver,cholestrol and has said nowt she can advise and im trotting back to me GP on wednesday.
I do have a question and was wondering if any of you could help. Does depression hold the proccess up?;)

zetacatty

A loser at last!
Hi twinklysam - welcome to Minis. Re depression: the only thing that might be different is that you could be referred to a psychologist. Not instead of the op, of course! Sometimes peeps with psychological disorders such as depression, eating disorders etc are checked to make sure they can handle the surgery and changed eating patterns. Also to make sure they accept responsibility for their weight. Nothing to worry about. There are a few peeps here who have seen psychologists and haven't reported anything untoward. I don't think it delays surgery for more than a week or two - if that. Good luck on your journey - I'm looking forward to sharing it with you. Marion xx:hug99:

jinkles

Hi, I am from stoke too.. chell. I was banded jan 09. Good luck with ur journey!!! x