• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stomach cramps

Butterfly83

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok?

I had my Gastric bypass on the 12th and for the past 3 days I have been having stomach cramps which are almost like contractions,(I'm not pregnant) which last for 2-5 minutes, which can happen at any time! has anyone else experienced this?

Apart from that I feel great, although I'm finding it hard to get in all of my liquids, never mind I'm on purees from tomorrow.

Hi, I am a pre op'er so not much use to you but someone will know something. It couldn't be time of the month pain could it? Hope you are feeling better soon x:)

So sorry, hunnie, If no one on here can help it may be best to give your bariatric team a ring in the morning just to put your mind at rest :)

Your not constipated are you? (I am the opposite!) But Mum had a hip op and didn't go for 11 days. She had such a big tummy and was getting contraction like symptoms, it was the wind trying to pass the blockage. It took 3 days in hospital before she finally gave birth... I kept calling it an immaculate conception as she was 70+ and widowed for 40 years!

If you are worried call your team tomorrow. I hope you feel better soon. xx

Ps I had my op on the 4th Aug and have started getting a stitch like ache on my left hand middle side, so I think things do go on in there while we are heeling.

I get severe stomach cramps even after 21 months, they last as you say between 2 - 5 mins but then go.

Back