• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Never experienced this so can i ask?

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi Guys
This morning i think i may have experienced the "fat dumping" but as i've never experienced this before i'm not sure and hoping you guys could shed some light on this "episode". I ate about a doz peanuts about 10am and 30 mins later had a mug of hot chocolate( both of which i've had before frequently). Within 15 minutes of finishing drink i started having really painful abdominal cramps which lasted about 20 minutes and actually had me doubled over, i went to the toilet (apologies in advance for detail) although it was softer than normal it took me ages to actually go! The cramps disappeared but i was left with a dull ache at the top of my stomach and couldn't eat up until an hour ago. The pain has eased now was this "fat dumping" ? x

Oh I don't know Allie it sure sounds like that. I have to say I experience frequent cramping pains and never know what causes it.

See you tomorrow

Hmmm dunno Allie. I guess we all react to these things differently. The only time I've suspected fat dumping was in France when I had some bread with butter, pates and salamis and had a wave of nausea and slight cramping. A lie down of 30-40 minutes saw me right as rain again. Could it have been sugar dumping from the chocolate?
Hope you are feeling better now. xx

Unfortunately I've not experienced any 'dumping' at all on anything yet.

Pre-op I sometimes got a sore stomach from eating peanuts. Maybe its nothing to do with the op, and the peanuts just upset your stomach??
Sorry, not much help!

Thanks Guys, i think thats where the difficulty lies Mixie i too have never experienced dumping of any sort so difficult to work out. John i was going along the lines of thinking might have been the combo of peanuts and choc or maybe even the peanuts Jacqui as i only eat them now and again. Thank goodness it wasn't yesterday Jacqui hee hee x

Think it could be the fat intake.

I've had a diferent op but some things will give me terible cramps and DS tum - bit similar to the Xenical effect - TMI!!!

M&S puds and some fatty foods will trigger it - chocolate is the worst!!

So I s'pose it is a food effect but not quite dumping

xxx

When i've had a fat dump i get really hot and feel very nauseous and tired. I don't have to rush to the loo, but i think this is because i lean more towards constipation anyway.
It definitely seems that everyone experiences different symptoms.
The first time it happened to me i wasn't sure whether it was "dumping" or not as it wasn't as severe as i thought it would be, but having made the same mistakes a few times i now know the pattern and triggers, which makes it easier to know what to avoid.

Hi Allie, Hope you are feeling better now?

love

Rebirth

Back