• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypassers - tummy cramps/griping

Brunetteandred

Officially a loser
Hello all,

For the past few weeks now I have been experiencing tummy cramps/griping. It varies in intensity.

I get it almost immediately after eating anything - even a bite of banana or even a drink of anything.

I get it across my tummy, just below the rib cage.

Has anyone else experienced these?

angie try taking some gripe water before eating. i had a similar thing and still do occasionally but tend to find its trapped wind. Are you taking your lanzoprozol regularly. i take mine first thing in the morning then again before tea and find this also helps. Also how are your bowels are you going regularly and do you feel as though you do a full job when you go as that can have a knock on effect especially with all the iron we take. i still use benifiber several times a week as without it i find that although i go i dont do much. if you know what i mean.
take care
carole

angie try taking some gripe water before eating. i had a similar thing and still do occasionally but tend to find its trapped wind. Are you taking your lanzoprozol regularly. i take mine first thing in the morning then again before tea and find this also helps. Also how are your bowels are you going regularly and do you feel as though you do a full job when you go as that can have a knock on effect especially with all the iron we take. i still use benifiber several times a week as without it i find that although i go i dont do much. if you know what i mean.
take care
carole
carole i could not off said it better x x x x take care sarah

Thanks both. :hug99:

I'm out of lansaparol (hospital said I don't need them anymore). Have been lax with the Benefiber so will up that. I do move the mail quite regularly, but come to think of it. don't always feel like it's all gone.

What a subject!

its amizing the different advice we are given. i was advised 2 a day for 6 months and then 1 a day for life. My GP has said he would prefere that i stay on the 2 a day till i stop loosing and then see how it goes.

its amizing the different advice we are given. i was advised 2 a day for 6 months and then 1 a day for life. My GP has said he would prefere that i stay on the 2 a day till i stop loosing and then see how it goes.

Yep mines the same, two for 6 months and then for life !

I've gone without on occassion and its not made any difference, though nowadays i just take them as part of my early morning drugs ritual.

I think most of us went through something simular like this in the early days, my stomach still rumbles and makes all sorts of noises now, and i still get strange pains sometimes when i eat, i'm sure it has something to do with the pouch emptying directly into the intestine, and with someone recently post op its likely to be worse as your intestine isn't used to it.

I agree with what the others have said, I too feel that from time to time. I suffered from trapped wind alot during puree/sloppies and my tum would make so many noises. Now it only happens occasionally. I would ask if I could continue the antacid if I were you, my surgeon said he uses it to prevent future problems with acid in the lower digestive tract.

HTH,
Nic:D

Back