• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stomach pains etc advice please

Andrea73

I I had my bypass in 2009. I've been suffering for a while now with bad stomach pains with like a rumbling in my tummy. Makes me feel like I'm hungry. Sorry this is the TMI bit - I get really bad wind in the evening only and have bouts of diarrhoea. What can I do about this. I've been to my go who was less that helpful and put it all down to my having depression and it's affects on my body. I still need to know how I cope with this upset stomach.

Anyone else suffer like this? At times the pain is bad so that I'm rolling about but then passes...

Thanks for reading x

Do you think it could be wind then? Where is the pain and is that the only real symptom. Both I and another lady on here have similar things and we both take buscopan when the crampy pain starts sometimes I have to have a few dyas on them before it settles down. I have found no rhyme or reason to this it used to be bread that caused it but now it s just random. I have been told by my gp its bowel colic but it feels like something kinks inside and I cannot bear to wear anything tight on my tummy if I do then I also suffer like this or bending over a lot seems to cut off the tube inside or kink it hence more crampy like pains. Most of my pain occurs on my left side as the tummy rumbles it is continuing its journey through our tube to the bowel. I find if I have eaten something and not chewed it thoroughly then it is sometimes the cause as if it gets stuck at the join. I lately have stopped eating steak I tend to eat thin slices of beef now because without realising I think I eat a bigger piece and even though have chewed it it still seems to get stuck. So that is a no no at the moment. I am 3 yrs post this month. If it continues and it sounds anything like this try buscopan you can buy over the counter you could have a chat to your local pharmacist first of course. But if it works you can get it on prescription, I don't go any where without these days. xxx Hope that's of some use to you xx

Thanks for your reply.

I did get a med from the doc called mebervine (or something like that) but its not helped at all. I saw another gp this morning and all she said was OH well just stop taking it. No advice or anything else to try. I've also been noticing more heartburn and my tablets getting stuck lately when I take them.

I'm the same as you, there is no pattern to what I'm eating and then getting the stomach pains and having to go to the toilet. I'll maybe go and get some buscopan and see if that helps.

Thanks

I think mebeverine is taken for irritable bowel and bloatedness. Similar symptoms to us sometimes the buscopan is Hyoscine. WEll worth a try though. Any little bit that I manage tonswallow without thinking I just know is guna cause havoc. A piece of melon did it the other day. It IS AWFUL if it gets really stuck because everything is backed up behind it and I can feel it trying to get through the tubes once is starts 3 or 4 visits to the loo helps sometimes I don't need the toilet its just crampy wind and possible bowel kink, the buscopan really helps me though, as soon as I feel it coming on I take it now sometimes I have a follow up dose but usually sorts it out pretty quick and if its something stuck seems to force it through your system. Good luck xxx worth a try though xxx

Hi,
Me and Chrisa are quite familiar to this type of pain..
Having had my bypass in 2010, it's something I've had to live with since.
I've had all the investigations done,as it was thought I may have had a twisted bowel..nothing has shown up.
But I'm still suffering most days,I'm still convinced when I'm doing a lot of bending,stretching,or sitting at an angle part of the intestine kinks.
And therefore wind builds up and causes these stomach pains,which at times can be agony.
I have found warmth on the stomach can ease the pains and also buscopan and gavison combined.
I was also given that meverine(if that's how it's spelt)and it's ****.
The doctors have also increased my lanzorosole to 2 daily,as I have burning type discomfort in the stomach area.
If I don't take these and miss a dose I notice the burning increasing daily in my stomach area.
Because I've had a full body scan done with dye and camera down the throats to check for anything sinister it was a bit of a bummer knowing I couldn't get answers to why I'm suffering like the way I am..
My local gp who has tryed several meds with me and nothing has worked.
He also explained I may never get an answer.
And Unfortunetly anyone who has stomach surgery may have to live with aches like this due to "being messed with" and scar tissue etc..
If you read on the USA sites it seems this type of pain is a lot more common.
Maybe due to the bypass being done more on people and this operation been going a lot longer.
People over there called it a " Charlie horse" pain...in other words wind/gripe pains..I reckon.
It's quite overwhelming at times these pains,but slowly I'm getting used to them...hope this helps x

Well just to update - I got buscopan but not any great improvement. I have found that when I eat I get cramping pains low Down in my stomach and then pain on the lower left hand side if my back. I don't always have a BM or vomit so what could it be?

Maybe I should contact my surgeon see if they have any advice?

X

Back