• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

o.m.g what is going on.??

lyndajoan

hi everyone i am 2months post op gastric bypass, and 6am this morning i woke up to terrible cramps in my stomach pouch i could not sit stand or think straight they made me very very week and come in bouts about 2min apart lasting for about 5 min a bit like labour pains, this went on untill 10am i am really worried i dont think i could cope with another bout. has anyone else suffered from this kind of thing before i am so worried i will be informing my providers about this also.:cry::sigh:

hope you're ok now Lynda? xxx

Sounds like possible Gall stones... Are you on Usofalk for the first 6 months post op? As by-passers have a 30% chance of Galls stones in the first 6 months post op. Hope you feel better now x

My gallstones don't so much come in waves. More and building intensity of agony that makes my ribs, chest, back and upper stomach feel like its gripped in a vice. And then nausea.

Tends to happen not long after eating too.

Never had it in the morning. All gallstones behave differently though. So wouldn't rule it out.

I hope you don't get it again whatever it is chick xxx

oh thanks everyone i feel a lot better now mange to eat also,i went the doctors to see the nurse for my blood test again as my i.n.r. blood range was 8.5 which is high that was on fri, i was told to stop the injections and the 8 mg of warferin the doctor had told me to take the week previous, so today went the docs give my name in and the stupid nurse hadnt recorded it but i had it on a piece of paper after a lot of messing about and me getting a bit vocal i got seen but never even got to mention about this pain as my i.n.r. is now very low 1.2 got to go back wed, i am sure they dont know what there doing sometimes i never have any bloody luck with doctors.
and i was not put on the tablet to prevent gall stones so may ask about them next time.
if it is collic i may take gripe warter and see next time.

I have had similar pain but mine was much lower and the doctor thought mine was bowel colic she recomended i get buscopan and take 2 as soon as the pain comes mine was in waves i could hardly walk, vray painful but was in my lower tummy below belly button but on the left and out the back of my hip. never had it bad again when it started last week had 2 tablets and have been ok since. xx don't know if its the same as you? xx

mine felt like it was in my pouch crushing twisting pain that come and went very often lasted hours really hurt felt like when you get labor pains in bouts, wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy, and the poor people who have gall stone i just hope i dont have them seen my sister go though the pain and its not very nice, fingers crossed it wont happen again,

Lyndajoan can I ask you a personal question? We tend to use the Five F's when looking at risks for gallstones, they are as follows....
Female
Fair
Farts
Forty and over
and of course Fat
Now I know you are a female but not sure about the others?! Hope you feel better and get a good nights sleep xx

and before all you dark hair 30 year olds jump who never fart jump on the band wagon - it's not a must it's just we know those with the Five F's are at higher risk LOL ! x

OOnion said:
Lyndajoan can I ask you a personal question? We tend to use the Five F's when looking at risks for gallstones, they are as follows....
Female
Fair
Farts
Forty and over
and of course Fat
Now I know you are a female but not sure about the others?! Hope you feel better and get a good nights sleep xx

Lol I love it!

I fit 3 of them :D

thanks oonion i fit into 4 of them i am more olive skinned than fair, and as for fart i posted a thread about excess wind i am over 40 (just), fat, and a female, thanks for the post about the Usofalk i will defo be going to the doctors for advice over this. xxx

30% of bypassers get gallstones! Well that was something they didn't mention at streamline, not even when I asked them if they take the gallbladder out at the time of the bypass like some surgeons do.

Something else to worry about now.

Paul

Paul-H said:
30% of bypassers get gallstones! Well that was something they didn't mention at streamline, not even when I asked them if they take the gallbladder out at the time of the bypass like some surgeons do.

Something else to worry about now.

Paul

I asked at my operation if they would take my gallbladder out,just to prevent any problems in future.
They wouldn't as they dont like too unless need too...I'm 16 months post op bypass and I haven't had any gallbladder problems ' touch wood'...lol
So don't sorry about it too much x

emma-louise said:
I asked at my operation if they would take my gallbladder out,just to prevent any problems in future.
They wouldn't as they dont like too unless need too...I'm 16 months post op bypass and I haven't had any gallbladder problems ' touch wood'...lol
So don't sorry about it too much x

I have gallstones that were diagnosed in 2009 but the pain started in 2003. On the whole they only kick off every few months now. I asked my surgeon about gallbladder removal and he said they didn't want to put my body through more than the bypass at one time.

So when I am under 17st I have to go to a general surgeon (as has been planned since 2010 lol) and have a gallbladder removal and hernia repair. Great! Lol. I am like a Raggy Doll!!

Fuffs said:
I have gallstones that were diagnosed in 2009 but the pain started in 2003. On the whole they only kick off every few months now. I asked my surgeon about gallbladder removal and he said they didn't want to put my body through more than the bypass at one time.

So when I am under 17st I have to go to a general surgeon (as has been planned since 2010 lol) and have a gallbladder removal and hernia repair. Great! Lol. I am like a Raggy Doll!![/

Yes but you will be a brand new raggy roll x..lol

Lol! Thanks :D

From sad sack to the slim girl one lol

Back