• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

suffering

julieann

hi all, did anyone suffer with heartburn or indigestion whilst following their pre-op diet. As my bmi is fairly low i was told that if i didnt want to do the milk diet i could follow 1000 calories per day, but decided to do slimfasts as this takes the temptation away from eating, and even though i like the slimfasts i am really suffering from heartburn. I have used slimfasts before and they have never affected me like this. Would be grateful for any advice xx:sigh:

Sorry to hear that julieann :(
I know I used to get terrible heartburn/indegestion from anything remotely spicy when I was eating, now I'm on just 4 shakes a day I've not had any at all... could there be anything else that is causing it?

I guess that if you've drastically cut down on your food intake, it could be your stomach's reaction to having too much digestive acid left over from expecting to get a lot more food to digest - I've read about things similar to that, I think it's called "Acid Reflux"

Hope you feel better soon :)

Hi there was someone on here but I cant remember who it was to be honest. I think its because you are eating less your stomach still produces acid and hence the heartburn. Nothing to worry about....xx

Just wanted to offer a tip, try brushing your teeth after every time you eat. It worked for me to quiet my indigetstion, something about food enzymes in your saliva stimulating your stomach acid. If nothing else, you'll have clean teeth & fresh breath!

Back