• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery in Northern Ireland

Dottie

Hi Everybody!

I was googling two surgeons that would carry out weight loss surgery in Northern Ireland and it brought me to this forum. I'm strongly considering a gastric band in the new year but I'm super nervous. Just wondering what your experiences were with surgery in Northern Ireland and how you've found the band?

Sorry no help in terms of banding in Ireland but has to be the best thing I've ever done! 39+5 weeks pregnant now never thought I would hear myself say those words! X

Im from Donegal, I looked into all the local places and then went to Belgium. Had the operation for a sleeve last Monday. Delighted with their level of expertise and the entire experience. I'm down a stone since the op and a total of five and a half stone in total since August. :) :)

Hi Dottie!!

I'm in Northern Ireland too :)

I went to the Czech Republic for my surgery and have no complaints about the whole experience whatsoever:) I went for a gastric sleeve as I just thought it was more suited to me.

Wishing you all the best with your journey hun, would you consider going even over the water to UK mainland if you can't find what you need in NI?x

Hi Dottie!!

I'm in Northern Ireland too :)

I went to the Czech Republic for my surgery and have no complaints about the whole experience whatsoever:) I went for a gastric sleeve as I just thought it was more suited to me.

Wishing you all the best with your journey hun, would you consider going even over the water to UK mainland if you can't find what you need in NI?x

Thank you for your replies everybody. Oh how are finding the sleeve banana? I was looking at a sleeve but they are around 9000 in Belfast. I looked at England and all the surgeries are similarly priced give or take a few hundred. I'm not a great flyer so I didn't consider any further a field. What was your experiences in Czech Republic like Banana? X

Hi Dottie :)

Absolutely fantastic experience from start to finish, there are a few others on here that have been to the same clinic after flying from England. It's been totally life changing for me so far.

The surgeon, nurses and all staff were so fantastic, the room was like a hotel room and my mum came with me to keep me company. Id honestly recommend it to anyone but understand why someone would be a little scared of going abroad too. Xx

Back