• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass Buddy

Ginnywinny

Hi I'm Ginny 37 from Northern Ireland,

Just joined the group :). I booked my Gastric bypass yesterday and am super excited and nervous. I will be having my surgery 16th June and am wondering if there is anyone else having surgery in June or around that time who would like to become "BYPASS BUDDIES" basically so we can share experiences together, offer support and advice and have a friend who is going through the same thing.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know people in the group and chat with all you guys who are post op on the other side of surgery too.

Ginny

I've had my bypass (Last November) just wanted to wish you good luck :)

Hi Ginny,

I'm from Northern Ireland too :) where are you going for surgery? I'm due to have a sleeve on 6th May but wish you all the best with your bypass journey :) xx

Hi Banana19,

I'm going to Belgium through the International Surgery Group. Where are you getting your sleeve done? Eeck, not to long for you to wait, you must be excited.

I am, not long at all!! ;)

I'm going to Czech Republic. Did you try going through your doctor here? Funding is just nonexistent :( Makes me a little sad to be honest but I just decided to go for it privately the best way I could as time was just passing me by and my position was still the same. Xx

Hi I'm Ginny 37 from Northern Ireland,

Just joined the group :). I booked my Gastric bypass yesterday and am super excited and nervous. I will be having my surgery 16th June and am wondering if there is anyone else having surgery in June or around that time who would like to become "BYPASS BUDDIES" basically so we can share experiences together, offer support and advice and have a friend who is going through the same thing.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know people in the group and chat with all you guys who are post op on the other side of surgery too.

Ginny
Yes I will be you bypass buddy, please be mine.
I be booked my mini bypass for September yesterday,
Lots of different feelings in my head at the mo,
What diet were you giving pre op, ? I have two choices,x

Hi VerdePurdy,

I'm so excited to hear from someone having the same operation on the same day. I'd love tobuddy up, it will be really interesting to compare experiences.

Are you private or NHS? Where are you having your surgery? Are you doing a pre op diet? I'm on day 5 of my pre op diet now and it is getting easier.

Ginny x

Hi VerdePurdy, I'm so excited to hear from someone having the same operation on the same day. I'd love tobuddy up, it will be really interesting to compare experiences. Are you private or NHS? Where are you having your surgery? Are you doing a pre op diet? I'm on day 5 of my pre op diet now and it is getting easier. Ginny x

I'm private, what about you? My surgery is at Gatwick Park (Spire) in Surrey. Where will you be?

My pre op diet is milk... Aargh! I was getting really poorly and it turns out I'm probably lactose intolerant, so they switched me to lactofree and I feel so much better. Are you on liquids too? I started on Saturday (but had soup in the evening so didn't count that) and I'm doing ok, it's a weird empty feeling isn't it?

Emily xx

Hello Ladies,

Just wanted to wish you well, and to invite VerdePurdy to join our local support group!
We had our first met up last saturday, 15 mins from gatwick spire - one of our ladies had her op there. We'll probably be meeting up again next month so let me know if interested.
Good luck with pre-op diets - not easy but so worth it! x

Hello Ladies, Just wanted to wish you well, and to invite VerdePurdy to join our local support group! We had our first met up last saturday, 15 mins from gatwick spire - one of our ladies had her op there. We'll probably be meeting up again next month so let me know if interested. Good luck with pre-op diets - not easy but so worth it! x

Oh yes please!! I would love to come!

Emily xx

I am going private too, but I decided to go to Belgium. I'm in Northern Ireland so it was a flight either way for me. It will be really interesting to compare and see if there are differences based on where you have the surgery.

I started on Monday and am just having 3 slim fast shake a day, my surgeon is super strict with the pre op diet. It really suck finding out you are lactose intolerant whilst on the milk diet, glad you are sorted out now.

Ginny x

I am going private too, but I decided to go to Belgium. I'm in Northern Ireland so it was a flight either way for me. It will be really interesting to compare and see if there are differences based on where you have the surgery. I started on Monday and am just having 3 slim fast shake a day, my surgeon is super strict with the pre op diet. It really suck finding out you are lactose intolerant whilst on the milk diet, glad you are sorted out now. Ginny x

Yes definitely I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like for you. When do you fly out?

Wow that's even stricter than mine, you're doing great though to have stuck to it!

It does suck a bit but I feel OK now the milk is lactose free, no more stomach pain.

Emily xx

I fly next Saturday, I going with my husband and little girl. I'm hoping we will be able to have a nice day exploring Bruge before Surgery the next day, though I think I am only allowed clear fluids the day before so I hope I feel up to it. I still can't believe I'm going to loose all this wait, can you? A year from now we'll be skinny mini's lol

I fly next Saturday, I going with my husband and little girl. I'm hoping we will be able to have a nice day exploring Bruge before Surgery the next day, though I think I am only allowed clear fluids the day before so I hope I feel up to it. I still can't believe I'm going to loose all this wait, can you? A year from now we'll be skinny mini's lol

Wow two birds with one stone! Lol good on you.

I know it's amazing, for the first time in my life, size 14 clothes feel achievable! We're gonna be HOT lol!

Emily xx

Back