• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Swallowing meds

Roccosmummy

Since having a gastric band I've struggled to pop tablets and vits or take a good gulp of fluids. You'd think tiny pills wouldn't be an issue but over time I think it's become a mental thing! I'm retching as soon as the pill is on my tongue :p

Does the bypass create this kind of restriction?

I can take pills no problem but can't really gulp fluids.

Had issues with big capsules with the band, everything is a problem with my bypass. I am an exception according to surgeon and dietician, most if not nearly all people are fine according to them. Crush everything or empty capsules into food/drink. Yuk.

I don't have any trouble taking tablets with my bypass but a lady at my doctors who also had the surgery does struggle and bought a nifty little pill slicer/crusher at the Co-op pharmacy which works a treat for her.

Hi

I had a problem with my band swallowing pills - and still have the aversion to them! I can swallow my vitamin with water and panic a bit when I feel the restriction of my pouch - but it slides through within mins (with my band it would sit there for hours)

Hi I had a problem with my band swallowing pills - and still have the aversion to them! I can swallow my vitamin with water and panic a bit when I feel the restriction of my pouch - but it slides through within mins (with my band it would sit there for hours)

Snap with the band and meds sitting there for hours. Horrid feelings I hope I never have to have again!

Snap with the band and meds sitting there for hours. Horrid feelings I hope I never have to have again!

Yup it was taking caustic meds when I had a band that made me sooooo ill.
If I had a by pass should the meds be malabsorbed too? Ie not work properly?

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

Back