• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tattoo question

angelica13

I have been wondering - has anyone who has been through the surgery got tattoos - that they had before?
I have one in particular on my arm that I love, and it is quite big.
I guess what I am asking is whether it will be affected much after the surgery? Not that I can do much about it now anyway. LOL. :)

You wont know till the weight has gone but if you are young and have good skin you should be ok!

angelica13 said:
I have been wondering - has anyone who has been through the surgery got tattoos - that they had before?
I have one in particular on my arm that I love, and it is quite big.
I guess what I am asking is whether it will be affected much after the surgery? Not that I can do much about it now anyway. LOL. :)

I'd never thought of that lol but I have a big one on my arm too I hope its not affected!! :S xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

i think the dragon on my boob is gonna get very very long!!! hahahahaha :D

Caren said:
i think the dragon on my boob is gonna get very very long!!! hahahahaha :D

Aw bless ya lol I've only got my arm done lol! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ive got 2 tattos on my back that i had done when i was 15....as the weight has gone on, th edges look like they have bled....i dont think that would happen with weight loss BUT it could be a good incentive to lose weight, that you can have it touched up/cleaned up to look fabulous again!!!

MissyMustDoIt said:
ive got 2 tattos on my back that i had done when i was 15....as the weight has gone on, th edges look like they have bled....i dont think that would happen with weight loss BUT it could be a good incentive to lose weight, that you can have it touched up/cleaned up to look fabulous again!!!

I only had mine done 2 years ago so I was big then so don't know what it will be like Xx

I had a dolphin on my belly which turned into a beached whale!!!, av only lost 3 stone so far so cant help but i am aprehensive to see wot mess am left with wen av lost me weight xx

safc_chick said:
I had a dolphin on my belly which turned into a beached whale!!!, av only lost 3 stone so far so cant help but i am aprehensive to see wot mess am left with wen av lost me weight xx

Ahahahaha!!!! This nearly made me spit out my slimfast! Lol xx

I've got a huge one on my tummy that I had done in my youth when I was slim. It looks like a 3 year old has been scribbling on my tummy with crayon now so I'm looking forward to getting that cleaned up.
I had a tattoo last year and the tattooist advised me where was best if I was going to be losing a lot of weight so I had it on my forearm. I think it will all depend on where your tattoo is & what your skin is like really.
Through 8st of weight gain only 1 of my many tattoos changed so I think you've got a decent chance of it looking good or just a quick clean up.
xx

Sophie 124 said:
Ahahahaha!!!! This nearly made me spit out my slimfast! Lol xx

hahaha it really does`nt look like a dolphin no more but i was 17 n a size 10 wen i had it done. xx

I've got lots of tats arms legs feet back neck so will be interesting to see how they look in the future ;) x

I've often wondered about this. I've got a full sleeve that cost me an absolute fortune and I'll be gutted if it gets destroyed :( Just gotta wait and see I guess!!

H xx

Mine is a half sleeve at the top of my arm - it's a fairy, so she may get fatter as I get thinner!!
I have an old 1 on my other arm - a celtic band that's never really changed through my putting on weight.
The others are on my wrists and feet/ankles, so not worried about them. I have held off getting anything on my back, as I was pretty sure that it would be affected.
I will just have to wait and see. It will be a new challenge for my tattooist if it goes pear shaped!!

I had one on my hip, but it's now lost under my newly dropped waist!! The others I have on my shoulder and arms look ok. Lucky me though, my eldest son is a tattooist as is one of my brothers. He did say though that older stretched skin is harder to tattoo, it doesn't look as sharp. Might get my youngest son who is a body piercer to give me some hooks in my droppy girls and suspend them from a chain around my neck, like hanging baskets. lol

mariew said:
I had one on my hip, but it's now lost under my newly dropped waist!! The others I have on my shoulder and arms look ok. Lucky me though, my eldest son is a tattooist as is one of my brothers. He did say though that older stretched skin is harder to tattoo, it doesn't look as sharp. Might get my youngest son who is a body piercer to give me some hooks in my droppy girls and suspend them from a chain around my neck, like hanging baskets. lol

OMG, as I read this I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard! I may need that too! Mine are already droopy even before the weight loss!

O crap, I have to half sleeves and half dozen on my legs.
I hope they don't get too messed up!
But at this point I'd rather healthy

Charlotte

I have tattoos on my wrist and feet, and as they're areas without much fat, they've so far been ok.
I'm waiting to get a large tattoo on my upper back, because if I have any plastic surgery for excess skin, I'm scared it'll get pulled out of proportion!

The few girls that have tattoos at the group I go to have shown me theirs and said they have just shrunk. Which is good as my arms are tattooed.
I am getting a full sleeve done when weight is off. Hubby is a tattooist so he doing it for me as a gift for getting the weight off.

The few girls that have tattoos at the group I go to have shown me theirs and said they have just shrunk. Which is good as my arms are tattooed.
I am getting a full sleeve done when weight is off. Hubby is a tattooist so he doing it for me as a gift for getting the weight off.

That is a fab present to look forward to. :) I am going to start saving now for some more large pieces once I have had my op and weight is more stable. It's a slightly more expensive "treat" than chocolate mind!
x

Back