• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Terrible D+V - 19 dys to op

Perissa

I have had the most awful D+V (sick and the runs) for the last 36 hours. This morning I feel almost human again although my kidneys feel like lumps of concrete.

I've managed to eat some porridge this morning. I have been drinking loads throughout my 'episodes'.

My question is, I am due to have bypass surgery in 19 days. Should I phone and tell my consultant? Is it even relevent?

Poor you, I dont think it will be relevant as you have a lot of time between now and then. You sound like you picked up a tummy bug or perhaps have eaten something to react in this way. If the worse is over now I would not worry about it but you could always check just to be on the safe side....xx

Sounds like you might just have a bug. you have time before your op so i would just let it run it's course and i'm sure it will pass and you will be fit and well by the time your op comes round. hope you feel better soon xx

Back