• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

THANK GOD I HAVE RESTRICTION!!!

amanda577

If anyone has read my posts on different threads these last few weeks, they will have seen that I have been so worried as I have been able to eat pretty much anything, and no sickness or pain, and definitely so far no dumping!!!
It had actually got me to the point, where I was convinced that I was the one that the bypass hadn't worked for, and that somehow I still had a normal sized stomach and nothing had changed!!

Well!!! Thank goodness not so!! A turkey steak finally got me lol!!! It was only 150gms of turkey steak cooked in gravy, but I think I didn't chew properly and ate too much of it!! Well the pain in my chest was horrible, it was like I was going to have a heart attack!! It felt like I had a lump of cement embedded there!! I tried to be sick for about 20 minutes but just dry heaving and nothing came back.. But will never ever eat that fast again, and certainly now I know that I do have limits to portion size.
Sounds totally daft, but I am so happy, the pain and the heaving was totally worth it, as now I know that my bypass has actually worked!!! and I definitely have restriction.....:):):)

Yyyyyaaaaaaayyyyyy......
Still to find mine.
Xxx

Actually, having said that I did gulp down some water on Sunday without thinking about it, and had pains in my chest for a bit afterwards, maybe that was my restriction oming through ?

Yep about a month out is when you start feeling restriction for sure. You'll find it happening more with dry textures. Take tiny bites and chew slowly (at least 20 times per mouthful) and then wait around 20 seconds before you have your next mouthful and you will start to feel a slight pressure in your chest when you are full. If you stop then you won't have to go through the being too full or being sick. It takes practice and I still sometimes forget the rules but keep at it as it works. I'm happy for you that your mind has been put at rest, now it's time for the bypass to start working with you :) x

Oh and Sarah yes that is definitely restriction, too much fluid in one go is very painful for me, you've basically filled your pouch and the pain stays there for a few seconds until it starts to empty out. So you have restriction too :D x

I like you was finding it all so easy but then 8 weeks post iv had a couple of real bad heaving sessions, iv not done anything different, no bigger portion sizes, just trying different foods & some dont agree yet, it was pasta yesterday only had tiny amount but omg how sick did i feel. Its definately a reminder to be careful.

I think in all honesty, I have been so paranoid that my bypass wasn't working that I sort of kept pushing the food boundaries subconsciously, to force the issue. But now I definitely know I have limits and certainly won't be pushing them again lol!! Sounds really crazy doesn't it, to be so happy over feeling so much pain and sickness, but I really am. At least now I know that my tool is working, and would put the brakes on me if I try old habits....

Actually, having said that I did gulp down some water on Sunday without thinking about it, and had pains in my chest for a bit afterwards, maybe that was my restriction oming through ?

Sarah Im no expert, but sounds very much like the water episode was your restriction kicking in... I get that sometimes if I forget and try and drink too fast.. So seems like both of us are fine and don't have anything to worry about!!! Now all I want to see this friday when I get on those scales is a nice weight loss xx

Wwwhhhhaaaaaaoooo, they did actually do the op, oh thank goodness!! Shelley thanks for your help and advice, I've always been a gulper and speed eater, so do find it difficult to sip and chew, but 6 weeks post op today so I am hoping things will get easier.

Amanda, I caved and went to tesco this morning and got weighed and put on 1lb aaaagghh, but I am not letting it get to me, as when walking round tesco my knickers fell down. Thankfully I was wearing Trekkie bottoms so didn't actually fall off, but my point is that although the scales are telling me 1 thing my clothes are DEFINITELY getting to big!!

lol lol Sarah!!! Well they say if you arent losing pounds, then its inches that you are losing, so you must be quite happily burning up fat and not even realising it... Good for you!! Definitely time to think about some smaller knickers Sarah xxx

I know, I am selling my 'fat' clothes on eBay to fund some new ones.
Xx

You two are so funny! I'm pleased for you both that you're minds are defo at rest lol xxx

Back