• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The freak out begins!

rainbow27

Well tomorrow I am to start my two week liver shrinking diet & I'm terrified of the op on the 16 I know everyone goes through this it's not so much the anaesthetic I'm scared of but if the bypass leaks or if I get Ill after it.. I keep thinking I should manage this myself I could join weight watchers again!!! I'm sure how I'm feeling is so natural but I feel like my emotions are all over the place I feel close to tears :( sorry just need to get this off my chest xx

I'm be starting with ya hun...i've had a nice treat tonight and i'm all set for tomorrow. I've got to do it for 4 weeks though. We'll keep each other going lol . GOOD LUCK!!!!

hi,

its perfectly normal to feel like this but just think positively. we are all here to support you i had a few wobbles on the way so if you need us just shout up and there will always be somene here to offer you a little extra support. good luck with your pre op diet you will do fab.xx

Thanks guys I want this so much but just now I'm feeling so apprehensive about it all & just plain scared :( x

I think of we weren't a little anxious we wouldn't be in the right place mentally for the op's we are to have we are anxious to succeed this time as much as the possible problems that could happen. You will be fine and as the others have said there are enough of us here to support you when you need us.
As for returning to weighwatchers I am planning to keep going my leader and the other members know what I am about to have done so if I lose a lot of weight fast as we should do I hopefully don't make anyone else feel bad as they aren't on a normal diet. I feel the support and advice will help me stay focussed and on target as my nearest WLS support group is an hours drive away in Bournemouth once a month. So whilst they may not be 100% useful in understanding the bypass the health and diet guidance should help I hope.

It's perfectly normal to feel this way. I kept telling myself I must be mad to opt for major surgery when I wasn't ill. My mind played lots of tricks with me in those final two weeks, no doubt trying to get me to cancel the surgery. But I just looked at the photo of myself at my heaviest and knew this was my only chance for a new life. And here I am two weeks post op and 32lbs down! Yes there are risks but I've come through it with no complications at all. A little pain on occasion but it's nothing I can't cope with. I'd go through it all again tomorrow if I had to.

Thanks so much for your replies im trying to keep positive & keep a lid on my freak outs!! Xx

Good luck with your pre op diet... its all for the greater good and I am sure you will do great. I am sure these next two weeks will fly by so use this time to prepare well for your return home and try not to worry too much. (easier said than done I'm sure hehe!!)..

Exciting times flower xx

Hello i just keep thinking of the negatives and im 18 stone i feel i should manage to do it myself.. i feel like im being so down and negative about it all but i have no one really to vent to first sign that i am aprehensive about this and my family will totally persuade me not to have it x

i was the same was the worst feeling in the world being put to sleep but would take the risk ten times over to feel the way i feel today good luck and the staff in sunderland are fantastic really caring and professional in my view you can not get better care

I'm not worried about getting put to sleep it's the not walking up that's freaking me out :) ... Right I'm back being positive positive :) I watches a few videos on you tube & found this lady called greta her blogs are amazing & so positive!! Just what I needed so that's me folks back on track thanks for helping with my wobbler!!! Xxxxxx

rainbow27 said:
Just what I needed Xxxxxx

Hi Hun I have been following your thread and have to say you have nothing to worry about, to be making the decision you have tells me that you are ready and have been through so much all ready.
Any weight loss programme be it exercise, diet, surgery or a combination will never work unless you have a support mechanism I know I am new to this forum but I can already see the great community we have to help us
Be and stay positive we are all in the same boat and here to support each other

BigDave

Thanks dave

I know it is a good suport here.. and i need it im so positive about all this again and i woke up today with a stinking cold arghh but hey ho as long as its gone by 16th :) when is your surgery??
x

Back