• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OP Tomorrow ~ I'm scared

misscharlie

We'll Op day is nearly finally here. Still have a slight cough but generally feel ok. I'm just scared. I keep thinking I'm going to be the one who dies. Or get complications. Or wakes in the middle of surgery !

What if I regret this for the rest of my life? Am I really going to be happy with myself after I've lost a shed load of weight?

Sorry I Know I'm been negative, but I have no one to talk to this stuff about. x

Everyone gets scared just before the surgery, it is a big deal and it's natural. It's a big deal because it's a pretty major op but mainly because life will be different..try not to focus on what you don't want though...think about what you do want and your mind will help you achieve it xxx Changes are scary but this one is for the better..it may not be plain sailing and there probably will be moments of difficulty after surgery. However if you read how others are doing you will see that even people that have had rough moments after bypass always say how much more they are enjoying life and how much more well and happy they are...I don't think I have read many accounts of anyones life being worse after. The problems you feel might be ahead are going to be nothing compared to the feeling of achievement when the weight starts whizzing off, and the feeling of being comfortable with your body and growing in confidence as the weight continues to go, leaving you free to get out there and enjoy life and be true to the person you are inside x
I wish you well and I would really strongly encourage you to keep reading and posting on here as you will find that we know how you feel and also from experience , have lots of ideas that work to help you through wobbly moments and doubts/worries no matter how difficult you might believe this will be x You'll be OK , just remember to think about the good things !

As neen says and no one could put it in better words, this is natural and think of all things you want to be able to do after the op.
look forward to seeing your future postings x

good luck and stay positive x

Good luck & stay positive! Everyone will have on a roller-coaster of emotions just before their big op. Although mine is a way off I'm actually really excited (I've always been a bit weird!). I just keep my mind set that it's the 1st day of my new life, like a butterfly emerging. Slimmer, healthier & happier.........

I think of all the things I can't/won't do now that I can/will do after. Even the smallest thing. I try not to think of the surgery itself 'cos its outta my control.

good luck hun, your be totally fine xx

Hiya, I know exactly how you feel, all those thoughts are going through my mind, my op is on Monday, I am going in hospital tomorrow.
Fingers crossed we shall both be fine and back here reporting our experiences soon.
Wishing you all the best xxxxxx

We all went through the same thoughts and feelings just before surgery. Don't worry - you'll be fine and be enjoying the benefits very soon ! All the best for tomorrow. x

Hiya all the best for your surgery luv, try not to worry too much! im sure you will be fine! x

Good Luck Charlie, everything will be fine and you'll be back as a looser!

Take care & have a speedy recovery x

Good luck hun and I promise you won't regret it everyone gets the scared feeling we wouldn't be human if we didn't and all the thoughts u are having I had but 12 weeks later and 5 stones lighter I couldn't be happier it's as if I've been born again lol and if anyone asks how I did I'm proud to say I had bypass it is now apart of me.

The only thing I can say is when I see others eating I wonder where the he'll they put it all and it makes you realise how you got to the stage you did.

I have no regrets and would donut all in a blink of an eye and so will you, chill out and just think of all the things you will beable to do after :)

Back