• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The things people say.

fjsinc

I'm struggling to lose weight. 6 months ago it was going great, and my hormones (I have pcos) were nearly normal. Now my hormones are way out of line, and I've put on a stone.

When I told my best friend this, saying how down I felt, she texted me this:

"you just have to take control. Eat off a smaller plate, things like that".

She knows what I'm going through, she knows how angry I feel sometimes that I have got to the point where I need surgery.

I think she genuinely thinks that comments like that will help.

Rant over.

Bellydancer57

Rant & rave all you want on here. We all know what you are going through.

JO28172

Some people are just more pragmatic, I'd have put that yet I understand having been thru the journey...I'm sure she didn't mean any harm x

Karlos

scooter81

Walking Disaster Area
Ive suffered from PCOS and endometriosis in the past and know how that alone gets you down and can sympathise with you. I dont think your friends text was meant to put you down, but think its context is easily misconstrued. With regards to the PCOS, have you seen your doctor?? My weight was all over the place along with other symptoms such as bleeds etc.. and nothing settled down until I saw a consultant at the hospital and had a procedure known as ovarian drilling, to release excess hormones. Having had this done, laser treatment and a mirena coil fitted my weight started to stabilise and even reduce when i went on diets, did exercise etc.. however not as much as Id have liked but it made a significant impact and improved my quality of life.

It may be worth speaking to your GP for a referral. PCOS is a vicious condition that effects your weight, which in turn effects your PCOS if you get what I mean.. if not, Im sorry I havent explained it to well..

All the best x

fjsinc

What exactly did you want her to say?

Its a context thing me thinks. She means well. But I didn't really expect or want her to offer advice.

Last edited:

Paula Garner

Ive suffered from PCOS and endometriosis in the past and know how that alone gets you down and can sympathise with you. I dont think your friends text was meant to put you down, but think its context is easily misconstrued. With regards to the PCOS, have you seen your doctor?? My weight was all over the place along with other symptoms such as bleeds etc.. and nothing settled down until I saw a consultant at the hospital and had a procedure known as ovarian drilling, to release excess hormones. Having had this done, laser treatment and a mirena coil fitted my weight started to stabilise and even reduce when i went on diets, did exercise etc.. however not as much as Id have liked but it made a significant impact and improved my quality of life.

It may be worth speaking to your GP for a referral. PCOS is a vicious condition that effects your weight, which in turn effects your PCOS if you get what I mean.. if not, Im sorry I havent explained it to well..

All the best x

I have PCOS too, but ive never heard of Ovarian drilling. I'll have to visit my GP I think. Thaks for that Scooter :)

fjsinc

All the best x

Thank you for sharing this, I am seeing an endocrinologist at the moment. He's put me on metformin, I will have another blood test in a couple of months to see if its having any effect.

Just feeling a bit rubbish with it at the moment.

fjsinc

Some people are just more pragmatic, I'd have put that yet I understand having been thru the journey...I'm sure she didn't mean any harm x

Sadly my friend also suffers from pcos, but her way of controlling her weight is by purging. NOT by using a smaller plate, lol

scooter81

Walking Disaster Area
ovarian drilling is a procedure in which a (cant remember specific name) needle punctures the ovary up several times. Its used to lower the male hormones abd usually starts working in days. Ive benefitted greatly from the treatment.

Side effects I had was just achyness like moderate cramps for a few days and been fine since.

scooter81

Walking Disaster Area
btw the metformin may work more effectively after drilling, so if he says theres no change when you have your next bloods, badger them!