• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thick hearty beef stew recipes please

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Hi guys
Does anyone out there have any recipes and methods of cooking/guide, for a good, thich and hearty beef stew please? I got into baking post op and so that is what I do mainly, but I want to cook something that I can enjoy too and am loving the idea of a slowwwwwwwwww cooked, tender beef stew, a nice thick one that takes hours to cook away in the oven. Obviously it doesnt HAVE to take hours in the oven but I want it to be very tender and nice and thick.
So...anyone?
Steph xx

Hi Steph... what a great idea.

If you have any success, would you also post on the 'affordable, simple recipe's' link that Julie and myself started... since we are trying to link nutrition and easy recipes, and meal ideas... I should have a few soups on there... which you can amend to your personal liking and taste...

It's a sign that we are heading for autumn!

Hearty soups and ideal for us!

p.s. Don't forget the quinoa... also on that link

loads of love xxx

The GI Diet - Red Wine Beef Stew

Hi Steph... this is a Weight Watcher's recipe... I'll also post the link on the other thread, I may try this one, but will reduce the red wine in it probably....

xxx

Oohh thanks Beverlie, Ive just had a peek, looks good.
I will add any I get yes but is a beef stew classed as THAT affordable to everyone or that simple?
Steph xx

I think so, since it's one of the cheaper types of meat... also... what's affordable to one, may not be to another, so I just post them anyway...

But...

Quinoa is brilliant in soups and so nutricious!

xxx

Steph have you got a slow cooker? I love mine and use it frequently, for things like beef stew it is a godsend. I have a large one and make big batches of things, then freeze in foil portion trays which can then be reheated in the oven.

For a beef stew I would use some cheap beef, stewing steak or shin etc, mixed veg, onions, and some thick gravy (when slow cooking always use thick sauces or add cornflour as it doesn't thicken due to no steam escaping). Leave on low for the day and add dumplings half an hour before serving. Yum yum.

Thanks xx I dont have a slow cooker at the moment to be honest, do intend to get one but right now nope.
Steph xx

Hi Steph, try this site -www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com
I mentioned this site in an earlier thread after it was posted to me. It will open up a whole new world of recipes. It will become obvious that it is American based, but I have sourced a lot of the ingredients she uses and you can easily find similar substitutes here. Think I will put this on a new thread for other members if it can help people
Regards - Paul xx

Reactions: Bev
Back