• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recipe : Italian chicken cacciatore

deeby

This is lovely, really authentic italian and you can really taste the basil :D

Chicken Cacciatore

Ingredients :

1 onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
little olive oil
2 x 400g tins cherry tomatoes
4 tbsp mascarpone
a handful fresh basil
6 chicken breasts (i used 6 thighs as theyre more tender and soft)

Method

1) Heat the oven to 190C /fan 170C /gas 5. Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil till softened but not coloured. Add the tomatoes, season, then simmer for 10-15 mins or until thick and glossy. Take off the heat and stir in the mascarpone and half the basil roughly torn.
2) Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the chicken on both sides until golden. Transfer to a baking dish and pour over the sauce. Cook for 25-30 mins or until the chicken is cooked through. Scatter over the rest of the basil.

I had this on its own but family had it with pasta !! :D

Mmmmmm that sounds lush :D Even my son who doesnt like cheese might like this as Mascarpone is very mild :D Thanks hun XX

Mmmmmm that sounds lush :D Even my son who doesnt like cheese might like this as Mascarpone is very mild :D Thanks hun XX

youre welcome Dots :D
Your son wont know ;) it just melts and makes it creamy, no taste of cheese what so ever !! :D xx

Your recipes sound delish dawn...be a while before i can make them but im definately going to be trying them along the way. Thanks love xxxx

Your recipes sound delish dawn...be a while before i can make them but im definately going to be trying them along the way. Thanks love xxxx

your welcome sugga :D all tried and tested lol xx

sounds lovely...i'll definitely try it x

Think I'll try this this week, it sounds scrummy nom noms!

haha
Let me know what you think !! xxx

Back