• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

slow cooker recipes not just for bypassers

Raynebubble

Hiya just though i would start a thread to get all youslow cooker recipes... simply because.. last night after lots of recommendation i treated myself to a crock pot.... so here goes i will start... here is my stew i made yesterday but was done in a pot as i hadnt brought the slow cooker at that point.

Diced Beef
Diced Swede and Carrots
Diced Onion
Tin Green Beans
Bovril beef stock
Grounded Garlic
Mixed Herbs
Salt and Pepper

Nice and easy and cheap to make... ooh and tasted yummy... it made 6 portions so have some in the freezer x

janebell

yum yum sounds lush hun x

snagglepuss

No regrets!!
Moroccan style beef (or Lamb)

It's a totally made up recipe, I'm a devil for chucking random spices about wantonly!!

Brown cubed beef, onions and garlic in a frying pan first, then put it in the slow cooker with a pint of rich beef stock, and any veggies you want to add. Then spice it up with a mix of cinnamon, mustard powder, ginger, cumin, paprika, mint, pepper, salt, cloves & chillies. (I also add a spoonful of sweetener sometimes)
Cook it for as long as you possibly can - the longer the yummier!!

snagglepuss

No regrets!!
Pork & Mustard Stew

Fry the pork until brown, then put it into the slow cooker while you prepare the rest of the recipe.

Fry an onion, 2 cloves of garlic & a heap of mushrooms in the pan you used for the pork, add a tablespoon of flour, stir in, then add 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1 cup of chicken stock, 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard, 2 teaspoons honey, 1/2 teaspoon cumin.

Pour that mixture over the pork, and cook in the slow cooker for ages and ages!!

MissB21

Chicken Stew:

Chopped:
chicken breasts
leeks
sweetcorn
carrots
swede

Put it all in the slow cooker with 2 chicken oxo and top up with water and add a chicken noodle soup packet mix.

cook then if want thicker add a cream of chicken soup to it. and to bulk out add boiled potatoes to serve!
I have made a large batch and it freezes well.

penelope1008

There are loads of slow cooker books with lovely recipies although as with all recipies we have to tweak or adjust some of the ingredients to low fat versions but the worlds your oyster with any recipie you want to cook long & slow.
Keeps the price down to as you don't have to buy the better cuts to have a more tender cut.

FuturePerfect

Finally in love with life
Can anyone better the Tesco own-brand slo-cooker for
£12?
Been thinking of buying one, and these recipes are tempting...

Raynebubble

Can anyone better the Tesco own-brand slo-cooker for
£12?
Been thinking of buying one, and these recipes are tempting...

Argos have one on sale at the moment for 5.99 half price, but i checked my area yesterday and they were out of stock x.. i paid £14 for my crockpot in tesco

FuturePerfect

Finally in love with life
Thank Rayne! Just reserved the last one at Argos, to collect tomorrow. Job done.

Last edited:

Raynebubble

ooh i need to get commision lol.... everyone is buying one now lol xx

helekisapa

We have a slow cooker and a halogen. We rarely have anything fried or even cooked in grease now as everything from burgers,chicken and pork chops are cooked in the halogen

Raynebubble

ooh can i put burger is a slow cooker lol

helekisapa

Rayne my hubby tells me that yes burgers can go in a slow cooker but it will just fall to pieces lol

Raynebubble

Rayne my hubby tells me that yes burgers can go in a slow cooker but it will just fall to pieces lol

lol.. just wondered as there was a burger recipe im waiting for my friend to give me, bit like a stew, but she uses low fat burgers... wont matter it falling apart if with other stuff x
Thankyou x

Montana

One for the vegetarians among us :)

Vegetarian Chilli
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
2 carrots, grated or sliced thin
1 1/2 cup sweetcorn
1 courgette, diced
2 tins kidney beans
2 tins diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
dash cayenne pepper
dash tabasco sauce (optional)

Chuck it all in, give it a stir and cook it on low for 6-8 hours.

Says it serves 5, i've not made it post-op but I'm guessing you'll get many more servings than that out of it!! You can if you like brown some quorn mince in a pan and throw that in too but you'd have to work out what the extra calories etc would be.

Nutritional information, per serving (if splitting into 5):
Calories: 264, Calories from Fat: 21
% Daily Value:
Total Fat: 2.3g, 4%; Trans Fat: 0.0g
Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%
Sodium: 356mg, 15%
Total Carbohydrates: 51.8g, 17%
Dietary Fiber: 13.7g, 55%
Sugars: 12.0g
Protein: 14.2g
Vitamin A 143%, Vitamin C 114%, Calcium 12%, Iron 26%

H xx

Raynebubble

ooh nice one Montana... i would add the quorn mince as that would be extra protein xx

snagglepuss

No regrets!!
I went and got a £5.99 Argos one to add to my collection!! Works fine and is a good size - not too big!

MissDiet

Come on lbs!!!
Great news on the. £5.99 bargain! X

Raynebubble

i so wanted the argos one, but none were in stock :-( so i brought mine from tesco, its a 2.5ltr... still in the box though... but gonna make another stew at the wekend to try it out... this is what i have brought so far to go in it.... feel free to add to it lol...

Diced Beef
Mustard
Mushrooms
Tin of reduced sugar Baked Beans
Onion
Stock Cube
Garlic and mixed herbs