• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Think I need a defill...

Sarah Metcalf

I was filled about 5 weeks ago and had to go back the next day to get 0.5ml removed as I couldn't keep my saliva down.
Anyway I've gradually worked my way up to solids but chicken, fish, beef and nachos(!!!) all come back up, and I chew them to death. I'm now noticing that my food choices are heading towards slider foods, which isn't what I want.
So I think I need a little more removed next week but was wondering what you think?

On the upside it means I don't have a leak, phew!

It sounds like it to me Sarah. Have you lost weight on the scales? That would be an indicator. PBing fish can't be a good thing!

I dont eat meat but there is no way I could eat nacho's! I heard that meat can be a problem too - have you tried them mnced?

Im fine with fish BUT if I try and eat it too quickly it can get stuck.

How much did you have at your last fill?

The scales say that I'm at a similar weight to what I've been all summer, however my trousers are hanging off me (I don't need to unfasten the button to take them off).
I haven't a clue what's in my band now as I'd lost some fluid, but I'll guestimate around 6.5ml in a 7ml band. Even minced beef is sticking, however lamb koftas and sausages are fine.
It's interesting to read that you can't eat Nachos Maz, I'd be happy to give them a miss, if I was ok with the other things. I find that I eat every couple of hours because food is sticking rather than filling me. Ach well, even when I'm having a whinge about it I'm still glad I had it done x

I didnt realise you had a 7 mil band, its usually a 9 mil with private providers.

I cant eat chips, nacho's and some crisps stick too - so I avoid them. So much for the idea that all us banders do is eat crips all day lol Im glad really because apart from rice which I gave up pre op, chips and crisps were the sort of thing I ate too much of pre op.

I can understand you eating more frequently but its not ideal so maybe you could need a small defill. Three small meals a day with one or two snacks only if needed is the ultimate.

Lamb koftas and sausages are not pure meat so maybe the extra ingrediants make them more palatable?

Back