• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well another defill and i think i just waved bye bye to restriction!!

soon2Byummymummy!

Loves a Chat!
Hey guys for those that can remember my band has prob been on the tighter side since my last fill in june where i ended up having 0.25ml defill 6 days after as i couldnt even swallow my own saliva after that was prob still on the tight side ending in another 0.25ml defill at end of september so the 0.5ml fill i had in june was all removed any ho since the end of september i have been struggling at night with horrendous reflux in my sleep burning my throat and making me wake choking and coughing i let it ride for a couple of weeks hoping it would settle but no luck so rang THG clinic in cardiff on tuesday and was promptly slotted in for another defill yesterday. so i decided i would get 0.5ml removed as i reckon having the band on the tight side since june has caused a bit of havoc and this will allow my insides to rest a while :) the down side is i think my restriction is alot less with just 0.5ml removed the difference is remarkable i even finished a whole ww meal last night when usually half of one is a chore....am going to really concentrate on my calorie counting not to undo any of my weight loss but will see about may be 0.25ml fill in a month or so see how it goes:D hope everyone is well just wanted to share and over tight band is not funny at all :rolleyes:

hope it all goes great this time Joanne :) xxx

Sounds terrible, I hope it settles soon and you can enjoy food without pain, reflux or pb. I'm sure if you watch your calories for a bit you'll be ok and you'll be able to get a small refill.
xxxx sharon

Hi just read your thread i thought i wrote it ive had the same problems for the last couple of months my acid is sickning i wake up in the middle of the night with a mouthfull of dark pinky brown acid ive never experienced anything like it i do believe after all this time the acid has been caused by a too tight band so i had a defill today i have never had a defill all the time ive had my band so i know its a tight band there is nothing like acid reflux i wouldnt wish it on anyone! i just wanted to say i know where you are coming from it is very easy to say ill keep my band nice and tight but too tight will lead to complications that are realy uncomfortable keep at it you are doing really well with you weight loss!!xxx

Its so tricky isn't it Joanne. I've had 4 fills and although I can feel the restriction I can still get loads through and still feel hungry. I hope your band settles down and your head takes over !! It isn't all about the band unfortunately!

Back