• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thinking about being thin...

fab40

I know this sounds weird but i keep thinking about what I am going to look like when I loose the weight.

I once lost alot of weight when I was 19 but i still felt fat and to be honest I thought it would make me happy but apart from the clothes I could wear i did not feel any different.

I just cant seem to even imagine what i am going to look like now, its been so long since i have been small.

My mum who is a size 8 to 10 keeps saying she doesnt think i should have the band as she thinks I am lovely the way i am.. i know its because she worries about me but i want to feel good about myself which i have not done for a while.

I have a a gorgeous 5 year old son who has recently asked me do I need a bigger chair at work for my big bottom!

I cant stop thinking about it all, go to bed thinking about the op and the future and wake up thinking about it.

I feel like a woman obsessed!!

Is this normal or am I mental :confused:

xx

hey you're very normal (either that or we're ALL mental!)
I get kind of obsessed with things - have already got most of the stuff I need - got some new pjs last night - for my hospital stay and I don't even have a date yet! I have been eyeing up the little tupperware pots in the supermarket too.

I think I will look like my sis - only without her GG boobs.

Definitely normal :)
I think most of us have thoughts similar to yours prior to our ops.
I most certainly do, luckily I'm thinking about being healthy too, which to me is important as I'd never really had an issue with my weight until it started to impact upon my life.
Lots of luck on your WL journey.
Em xxxx

I have a picture in my head of what I hope I'll look like when I'm thinner. I think it's perfectly normal for people going through this weight loss journey to do that.

Dont concentrate on what you will look like as that may never happen.Think of how healthy you will feel,how much more mobile,confident etc.Not everyone gets down to size 10 or 8st.But losing 60/70%of your excess weight will make a huge difference to your life.

As others have said you are completely normal when it comes to this journey. I lived weight loss surgery for a year before I had it. I was quite lucky I had a work colleague who liked talking about it or I think I would have bored the pants off everyone. Especially as time goes on it will be what you mainly think about but I think that is ok because it means you really do your research but at the same time it all takes time so it's worth trying to distract yourself occasionally so not to get stressed out. I can't imagine what I will look like when I've finished losing weight but I remember the last time I lost a lot and I felt really good. I was so fit, much more confident and did things that I wouldn't of dreamt of doing when I'm big. So I know that is what is waiting for me again, that feeling of health and confidence, that will be waiting for you too and with that hopefully you will feel happier too :) x

Hi fab 40 it's not weirded at all. My surgery is in 2 weeks and I have already bought smaller clothes in the sale. Only a couple do dress sizes down as I didn't want to be too ambitious! Lol. Very best of luck with your journey xxx

I am getting my op at the end of the year, and yep I am obsessed about the whole thing, I think about how I'll look, I'm not too hung up about what size, I just think it'll be nice to be smaller, and whatever I loose will not regain for once, and I just want to be able to buy normal size clothes instead of squeezing into a size 20! So nope your just like the rest of us here!

Back