• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all, newbie thinking about Spatz balloon

Kat79

Hi, I am thinking about having the Spatz balloon procedure and hoping someone can give me some info about it and NOSC. I am 34 and struggled with my weight from being 19, my BMI is 35 and I am 16 stones. Any advice welcome xx

Hi banderbird, I have decided to go with the gastric sleeve after lots of research and a consultation. My op is on 17th Oct (very nervous) Thanks for the reply though xx

Welcome to the forum.

Good luck on your journey!

Sam,

Hi Hun

I went for the band as I have a friend who had the balloon but put the weight back on when it was removed - she said she wished she had paid the extra £1000 for the band.

Good luck whatever you decide xx

Hello newbie
not heard of this type of wls but aware of the balloon I wish you luck in your wls

^ a Spatz balloon IS the balloon that you know about.

To the OP - glad you've decided what to go for, I wish you all the best with it.

Hi, I am thinking about having the Spatz balloon procedure and hoping someone can give me some info about it and NOSC. I am 34 and struggled with my weight from being 19, my BMI is 35 and I am 16 stones. Any advice welcome xx
I agree it's only a temporary solution from what I have read! A lot of hospitals are also cutting down on the gastric bands too. Opting for the sleeve or bypass l think you may need to read a bit more about the balloon or perhaps there are people in the forum that can clarify that havenhad this surgery or on you tube they have lot's of information through documentries and peoples journey's with the various different procedures. Hope this helps and good luck

Back