• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

thinking fat

serenitylove

do you think as you shrink your attitude to things change? my friend was 18st and went down to ten stone but still see's herself mentally as large do you think this ever goes , iv been overweight so long, most of my life i worry that im always going to see myself that way, unable to do things"normal" people do as iv never been able to do them because of my size , has anyone else felt like this

i think people are diff .... i have had all kinds of friends over the years small and larger ... but i know of one friend that when she lost loads of weight over 9 stone she became up her own A*** ..

cause she was so called normal .. she started to act like people do towards anything fat like she had never ben fat in her life ..

i think its like smokers .. ex smokers are worse lol ..they hate it ..

but i guess its diff for everyone ..

its deff all in the mind im 16stone and i feel like the largest person in the world hehe i hate eating in public the only thing im worried about after the weight is gone what my next obsession will be lol...

I am now 16 stone and i know i am much smaller then i was, doesnt make me a different person, i thinki it some down to personalities in the long run

I would love to have more confidence about myself if and when I loose weight, but like Brett was saying I would hate to be stuck up my own arse with it. I would hate to think I would be like that but people get carried away with it I suppose. I hope I am not stuck in a fat frame of mind, but I don't think I will. Saying that when I weighed 8 and a half stone as a teenager I always thought i was fat compared to the other girls. I don't know how slim people think of themselves cause I haven't been one for soooooo long!

Hi, the very thought of being slim after being so big for most of my life scares me a little. I know I need to do this for my health but worry sometimes how my life will be when I'm so called normal. I think some people (me included) often hide behind the fat. I don't go out very often and never go to pubs or party's. I make excuses up that I'm not well to get out of facing the "normal folk". I'm hoping my confidence soars that high that I'll be there for every invitation I receive and enjoy the normal life with family and friends and not be the one sat in the corner so no one can talk to me. Sorry to ramble but I know what I'm saying lol xx Gaynor xx

Hi, sorry if the above thread was a big ramble but what I meant to say was that hope I don't think of myself as the fat person hiding in the corner. I'm hoping I can eventually see myself as normal. I don't think it would change my attitude one bit. I'll still be me,as I hate people that are as you say "up their own a*se". Bring on the normality, I've waited too long for it and now I'm sure I'm ready for it

I think and feel that I am a lot smaller until I go clothes shopping then for some reason when I pick up size 14's my head starts saying "you wont get in that"...the first few times it was really hard for me to actually pay for the stuff and take it home. Of course once I got it home it fitted so now I know I have got smaller. I also have to say when you pass a bloke and he gives you the once over also helps to make me realise I have gone smaller as before I felt I was invisible...xx

HI,

It does take some time to adjust to. I have lost all my excess weight and more , and had surgery only last July, so it has been quite rapid..as expected! But it has taken time for my head to adjust to my new body. It wasnt until I saw a photo of myself a few weeks back that I realised I am a slim person! I was a bit shocked actually to be honest as I looked weird to me! lol...

I have so much more confidence now, but it does bug me at how differently other people treat me....all of a sudden I am "excepted"...why? I am still the same person...just thinner. :D But what I do know is that I never ever want to be big again...I am enjoying the new me, and I like "me"! I dont think I will ever become up my own bum tho.. I still very clearly remember what being big felt like and I can fully relate to people who have a weight problem. I struggled for so many years, and those thoughts and feelings will never leave me. If anything it has made me a more compassionate person.

Kel xxx

As someone has already mentioned, if i'm honest i think i'm just as scared of being "normal weight" as I am am of failing. I presume its just fear of the unknown...I know how it feels to fail at losing weight or at least keeping it off but I've never, ever been anything other than obese - not in my memory x x x

As someone has already mentioned, if i'm honest i think i'm just as scared of being "normal weight" as I am am of failing. I presume its just fear of the unknown...I know how it feels to fail at losing weight or at least keeping it off but I've never, ever been anything other than obese - not in my memory x x x

i know what you mean... i have not been less than 13stones since i was 13 yrs old...i have no concept of what a 'normal' me would look or feel like at all. i am still in the old frame of mind that, yes i am loosing but i will obviously re-gain...which i wont ofcourse...it is a bit of a head f**k at times!!! xxx

this sums me up as well im really struling with this mentally at the moment iv not been under 20st on 12 year or under 16 stone in 20yrs i just cant imagine being that weight again most people want to get down understandably to 11/12 stone i dont think i ever see myself being that scares me or maybe its change that scares me i just dont know x

what is normal? normal for me was being 21stone and in a size 26. Im now 14 stone and in a size 16/18. I was told today you look fantastic you cant have much more too loose and when i said i had a minimum of another 4stone but possiably 6 she looked at me and said but there would be nothing left of you. I know im smaller and love the feeling when im dressed but boy the moment i catch my reflection in the mirror naked ugh.

Did you take some pics of yoursself post op? now is the time to take some post op and LOOK at them you will see a massive difference just like me, you will not be able to hide from the fact you ARE slimmer and you will get slimmer still as time goes on

what is normal? normal for me was being 21stone and in a size 26. Im now 14 stone and in a size 16/18. I was told today you look fantastic you cant have much more too loose and when i said i had a minimum of another 4stone but possiably 6 she looked at me and said but there would be nothing left of you. I know im smaller and love the feeling when im dressed but boy the moment i catch my reflection in the mirror naked ugh.

In this situation, to me, normal is whatever I considered normal before I had the op...if that makes any sense. I know my view of this may change as i lose weight, but the projected size 12/14 thing scares me more than failing!!

Fear of the unknown!!!

Its not putting me off, its just strange to turn everything around in your head...now one of my biggest fears is losing too much weight..how bizarre!!!

Hi i was 33 st 12 pound i am now down to 23st 10 pound so i have lost over 10 stone i still see myself as 33 stone even though i know i am not !!! I sometimes look in the mirror and think wow is that me but it has only been 6 months so mentally i must be catching up ! I still look at chairs and think i wont fit in that and i walk on a bus sideways as i always did but the other day i walked off normally and it was a big thing to me all the little things are great what i can do now like cut my own toe nails, fit in the bath these are just everyday things to other people but this is now huge to me and i look forward to my holiday in June when i can sit in a normal seat without having to ask for a seatbelt extension. I will never judge anyone who is fat as i have been there i will prob just really want to help them and tell them they can do this !!

Corrine x

Wow corrine well done you. What you have lost in such a short space of time is a credit to you. I am sure the time will come in the not to distant future when you are asking for a extra small belt! What an achievement.xxxx

Back