• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

self induced vomiting

serenitylove

has anyone else had to do this , dietician told me to eat liver as iv been nearing anemia due to totm probs and i tried some even tho it was soft and chewed to death it got proper stuck hurt like hell so i self induced its return! iv had to do this befor if things get stuck as i cant swallow saliva etc when this happens but im worried i might hurt myself, im not bulimic or anything this is a last resort as im learning but just want to know if anyone else had to or do you wait the pain out and just spit ewwy sorry not nice subject

Hiya,

I've had to do this twice now when something has felt its got a bit stuck, and the pain is a bit too much to handle, even though I too have chewed and chewed! Its a bit weird though because its like a foam mix that has come up....and then I am fine! lol...Its obviously not good for you, and if it happens a lot then I can imagine u will cause some damage etc. I know its not a nice subject...just wanted to say you are probably not alone!

Kel xxx

Phew! I'm glad you clarified in your post (was a bit worried for a second there)...horrible thing to happen, I have never got food stuck...yikes!

Hi, I`ve had to a few times too, more so when first had band and was getting used to the eating and chewing slowly lark. Still have to now and again cos as u say u can`t swallow saliva and the pain is horrendous. Even if I didn`t make myself sick I`d b sick eventually anyway!!!

Since the bypass i've had to do it lots. Eating too fast, too much, food getting stuck, but haven't done it since just before christmas as i finally learned my lesson. But still some foods i have to be extra careful with.

only the once when going from puree to mush. food was too dry. but didnt have to self induce it just came up but like otheres on other threads have mentioned its not like being sick its a little like a baby possiting just frothy.

I have a couple of times. The pain is too much to bear and its frightening that I cant even swallow saliva. Its only since my 1st fill and on the transition from mushy to "normal" food again. Im sure I will learn what not to eat etc in due course. HTH R x

I have had a couple of bouts too, simply because i haven't chewed something properly, but i think we will all learn eventually to take things slower when eating.

I've had to do this a couple of times - fortunately not the 'fingers down the throat' thing though (I have mastered the knack of 'pushing pouch & retching' - sorry, TMI!!)

I hasten t add, it is not a regular thing but sometimes, occasionally, it needs to be done & is such a relief after!

No, you are not alone!

Hiya

Ive often had to stick my fingers down my throat, sometimes things just dont feel right.

I get it often if i have red meat and i feel full but then have a drink and the pain i get makes me run for the loo to be sick

This is what used to happen to me when ever I ate anything preop (had a wls 10 years ago that went wrong) so its made me not want to try all the things that made me sick before.

Even now I've had to do the fingers down the throat.. .mainly if I drink too soon after eating. Its not nice but I'd rather do that than suffer for hours and hours afterwards.

Alia xxx

It's more like regurgatation than being sick I find....it kind of works it's way back up...and I am like frosty red meat is the toughest...I enjoy lamb but find I struggle with it so slow cook it in a broth and its fine...xx

It's more like regurgatation than being sick I find....it kind of works it's way back up...and I am like frosty red meat is the toughest...I enjoy lamb but find I struggle with it so slow cook it in a broth and its fine...xx

lamb was the firshing i couldnt eat shame as i love it im fine with beef for some reason but cant touch fish chicken or liver odd how it goes

Since my op my intake of fish has incresed ten fold, I am also ok with chicken if it has sauce or gravy on....not tried liver as yet, but would do that in onion gravy if I did. Lamb is my fav meat so I am hoping things will improve with it....I suppose lamb done in a slow cooker would be very tender as well...will give it a try and let you know...xx

So sorry to hear your sad news Ricky.
Take care
xx

omg liver could not eat it if you paid me, could you not have some iron tablets x
Chocolate is also high in iron but not really recomended for us lot lol !!!
lots of green veg too brocolli yum

Back