• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This time I WILL get to goal!

Michele-Malvern

I have recently found this forum and it has completely inspired me!
I had my band in 2007 at Dolan Park by Mr Super and lost almost 3 stone quite quickly. I felt so much better and fitted into size 14s easily and because of this I stupidly stopped watching what I ate and did not lose any more.
I can eat anything except beef and pork, which just wont go down no matter how many chews! I love having the band because it controls how quickly I eat and therefore stops me from overeating. At work for example, I only have a 30 minute lunch break in the canteen with colleagues/friends and so I only take a small salad and a yogurt.
It has been the evenings which have let me down over the last few years, snacking on chocolate and biscuits. Naughty I know.
I only ever had 1 fill after the op.
Anyway, I am now totalling inspired by all of your success stories and optimism from people about to be banded and I want to succeed too and be one of you!
My goal is 9stones 13 pounds which is in the ideal range for my height of 5,6" and also was the weight that I was when I got married in 1983 (the first time)!!
I will update on Sundays, lost 3 pounds last week so now 12stone 3pounds. Cant wait to get in the 11s.
Thanks for listening everyone.

You CAN and WILL get to goal ... GOOD LUCK XXX

Good luck Michelle and well done on the 3lb loss this week - you can do it x

Now you've found your motivation again, you'll do fab! Keep up the good work and let us know how you are doing. Good luck hon :) x

Well done and keep up good work u can get to ur target, I will look forward to reading ur journey
Lisa x

Welcome and good luck to you :)

I also had my band placed by Mr Super, although Im just over 5 weeks post op and had my first fill on thursday of last week . . .

:)

Snacking on biscuits and chocolate. Disgusting- surely you don't do that !!!( brushes crumbs from front and wipes choc smears from mouth ).
Isn't it a pigging shame that these go down so easy and good old solid protein like beef and pork don't !
Seriously, the support and inspiration on here is brilliant. You'll get a gentle pord for digressing and plenty of praise for staying on track, and wealth of information, and most importantly a plethora of understanding ears when your just plain stuck or scared.
Welcome-and good luck with the final stage of your joiurney to goal xx

Good luck Michelle, they're a sod biscuits etc aren't they....my Achilles heel! Now don't buy them in unless I'm letting myself have time out as I'd eat them! ALL! :D

Awww thanks so much everyone for all those kind words and encouragement. I am gonna do it this time! With all of you behind me, I cant let you or myself down.xx

Weighed this morning and another 2 pounds gone now.
weighed a day late as i had a bit of a naughty saturday and wanted a good 100% day before weigh in!!. I cant say that I have stuck to plan all week but I have done so much excercise. We have recently moved to a beautiful little remote country cottage that needs loads of work inside, outside and in the garden and I had a week off work last week so I could get on with some of the improvements we planned. So huge amounts of physical work undertaken and now have a new garden path and a decorated bedroom which have all helped towards the 2 pounds!
Double bonus!

Excellent :)

Thanks Michelle and Lisa
This mornings weigh in showed 11st 13pounds, yippeee! Thats another 2 pounds last week. I have noticed that the occassional arthritis that i get in my left knee when ive been gardening or kneeling down hasnt happened over the last couple of weeks. Size 12 jeans all weekend but won a big tub of celebrations on friday night in a raffle. Theyre put away in the christmas cupboard now but I'm not sure if they'll make it!!

Michele-Malvern said:
Thanks Michelle and Lisa
This mornings weigh in showed 11st 13pounds, yippeee! Thats another 2 pounds last week. I have noticed that the occassional arthritis that i get in my left knee when ive been gardening or kneeling down hasnt happened over the last couple of weeks. Size 12 jeans all weekend but won a big tub of celebrations on friday night in a raffle. Theyre put away in the christmas cupboard now but I'm not sure if they'll make it!!

That brilliant a 2lb lost

U should be very pleased &
am pleased for u and can't wait till I get to ur weight !!

Also brilliant about ur knee

Lisa x x

Oooops! Was so naughty for 2 weeks after I last posted :cry:Dont know what happened but I totally lost the plot and started to eat such rubbish. Felt really miserable about it whilst I was eating it all but couldnt stop. Anyway, after getting terrible constipation :)o) for a few days, I had a severe talk with myself and for the last 5 days I have got back on track. I weighed this morning and I am down to 11st 11 pounds so am really pleased. Must be the high fibre diet I have been on this week!! Still viewed all the posts every night though, I am addicted I think!

Michele-Malvern said:
Oooops! Was so naughty for 2 weeks after I last posted :cry:Dont know what happened but I totally lost the plot and started to eat such rubbish. Felt really miserable about it whilst I was eating it all but couldnt stop. Anyway, after getting terrible constipation :)o) for a few days, I had a severe talk with myself and for the last 5 days I have got back on track. I weighed this morning and I am down to 11st 11 pounds so am really pleased. Must be the high fibre diet I have been on this week!! Still viewed all the posts every night though, I am addicted I think!

Forget about the past today a new day and a new start for u chick
Also 11st 11lb sooo can't wait to get there x x

Lisa x x

Back