• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My bypass has been good to me!

So, after a very short 6 months and 24 days since my bypass, I've reached my goal of 12 stone - starting weight was a few pounds over 21 stone. My original goal was 13 stone but I revised it. I'm satisfied and happy now at 12 stone but I still plan on going a little lower, although I'm not really going to set myself targets or work too hard because whether I lose the extra few pounds or not, I'm still very happy and satisfied at my current weight.

My family have been telling me that I need to stop losing weight now and I haven't stopped receiving compliments from friends about how amazing they think I look. I've had more ladies ask for my number and ask me out than I've ever had in my life which is a fantastic.

I've been able to walk in to any shop, pick up a size medium shirt or t-shirt and it would fit perfectly - something I've never thought would be possible. I've been enjoying the occasional treat now, perhaps a bottle of wine at the weekend or a small pack of sweets... everything I eat is in moderation and I haven't yet gained weight so I must be doing everything right. My diet was pretty strict but I've relaxed a little and begun to enjoy a little treat now and again.... I still *always* however alter my diet if I gain any weight so that very quickly nip things in the bud.

I missed my last dietitian telephone appointment as I was on holiday so the last time we spoke, I was 14 and a half stone. She is calling today (2 and a half months since we last spoke) so I can't wait to hear her reaction when I tell her my weight.

I haven't shown anyone my 'before' pictures yet because they look vile but since I'm not that person anymore, I don't really care who sees them now. The before picture was taken 2 nights before my bypass. Oddly, I seem to have forgotten to take a set of pictures with clothes on.

My life has been completely transformed and feels like I've only just begun living it now. Now for the task of maintaining for the rest of my life!

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 427
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 458
Wow! What a result! If I end up with a flat stomach like that, I will be delighted but I fear age is against me :-( good to see inspiring stuff like this when you are in the tough first few weeks.

Messie

Thank you for sharing.

Before my op, I kept saying how inspiring these 'look at me now' posts and pictures were. Now post op and even have my own, I still find them extremely inspirational - a kick up the bum to say, yea this moment, hour, day, week may be hard, but look what happens if you keep at it.

So, thanks again.

WHIT WOOOO look at you you must be so proud of yourself you have done fantastic and thank you for sharing. :)

how amazing do you look! Congrats to you on your loss ~ am sure many more numbers will be flying your way lol

Kat x

wdon6.gif

Fantastic transformation, Popadopalous !1

EEh where you at laddo can't see ya?? disappeared before our very eyes, brilliant job well done x

Fantastic results in so short a time. Well dine doesn't start to cover it.
Congratulations & good luck for the future maintainence.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank you all for the lovely kind words! :D

I don't have too much excess skin, I guess I'm kinda lucky being only 23 and having plenty of elasticity although my tummy isn't as firm as I'd like it to be. The 'slackness' in my skin is noticeable, more so around stretch marks but that's a small price to pay for being overweight.

Mentally and physically, it has been a struggle. It's strange, I still feel and see myself as being fat. I still look at myself in the mirror and think I look horrible and overweight so I guess I still need to overcome those issues.

I'm keeping the before pictures handy so I can look at them and remind myself why it is still important sticking to a heathy diet and to keep me from going astray.

Of course I would hope to be able to enjoy a little treat now and again and still be able to maintain, what's different now is that I can recognise when I'm overeating and stop rather than bingeing and overeating hundreds of calories in just a few minutes. If I discover myself putting weight back on then I will revert back to my strict 3 small meals a day and nothing more diet.

High fat foods/meals (which I consider more than 7g of fat although most of my meals has considerably less fat... this is just my ultimate upper limit that must never be exceeded) is still and always will be a strictly no go area. It's a far cry from my old habits of kebab and a McDonalds most days. Going to search for maintaining tips around the forum now. :D

Last edited:
well done pop 9 stone in 6 months and you sure arn't that guy anymore you look great

Back