• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tired

luckyla

I had my surgery (sleeve) on 21/05/2011.
I'm really struggling with tiredness most of the time. Practice nurse recently checked my bloods and I'm not deficient in anything. I take a multivitamin every day.
Is anyone else having the same problem post surgery? I work full time.

B12! Even if bloods are okay, B12 only has to be on the low average side and I feel done in. See if your GP will let you have an injection and I bet you feel the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I think you have to keep up on a little carbs every meal,I have felt no tiredness but lightheaded at times and my vision is bleary.I have a cracker every few hours to keep topped up.Im 6 months out and bloods fine,no b12 yet.Maz x

Cicca said:
B12! Even if bloods are okay, B12 only has to be on the low average side and I feel done in. See if your GP will let you have an injection and I bet you feel the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks for that.
I'll make an appointment to see my GP :)

cant you find supplements for B12?

My surgeon now insists on B12 injections as a matter of course, he says there's no bad effects if you don't need it but the positives are huge :)

Hi Luckla

I'm 7 weeks post op (bypass) and to be honest the tiredness is overwhelming, Icould sleep for England!!
My surgeon told me that I don't need to start on any supplements for about 4 months but I do take Bassetts chewable multivitamins (one daily) to see if it would give me a bit of a boost.
WLS group tell me that this is 'normal' and that my energy levels will improve once I am on my proper diet (currently on pureed).
It helped me to know that others on here had experienced the same thing and that it wasn't just 'me'
Just looked at you info and you had your op in May so perhaps you do have a B12 deficiency - maybe a good idea to ring the practice nurse and ask her if you had this test as part of your recent blood screen.

Jxx

If the gp wont give you a B12 injection, i suggest getting a B12 supplement, REALLY high dose, but ONLY as SUBLINGUAL supplement (under the tongue), as B12 in tablet form is destroyed by the stomach acid, making absorption very poor. I bought some a few days ago (i havent had surgery but was feeling very tired and lethargic), and WOW i am now full of beans! These are the ones i bought;
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

B12 deficiency can be linked to many things, so its important to make sure you keep you levels up! With me, i am hoping it sorts out my brain fog and eyesight when driving in the dark!

Vitamin B12 deficiency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm tired all the time at present and had my op around the same time as you. I find that if I have a protein shake each day it helps a little.

Back