• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

? to banders

didnt want to read and run but im only 10 days post -op so still on the liquids for a while yet hopefully someone will be along soon xx

now im in the sweet spot my average day is

breakfast
4 crackers with low fat cream cheese

lunch

yogurt

evening meal

salad in a desert bowl or half a bowl of casserole or jacket potatoe with a little grated cheese

snack in evening

6crackers n cream cheese if hungry another yogurt

evening meals vary but cant ever eat more than a dessert bowl size portion

i struggle to eat in the mornings and lunchtime most i ever have is a yogurt

I am 6 months post op and a typical day for me is this:-

Breakfast
1 small bowl of cereal (any cereal)
Light soya milk
Cup of tea, 1-2 sugars and light soya milk.

Lunch
Soup, with grated cheese but nothing to dunk in it (don't need to and can't anymore)
Or 2 Ryvita with cheese and a salad

Dinner
Chicken breast, no skin
3-5 Brussel Sprouts
Half a medium potato, cut up and dry roasted with herbs or mash.
Boiled Carrots (one cut up)
Maybe a small ball of stuffing
Gravy

Snacks can include but don't alway have
A handful of nuts, a yoghurt or fruit.

And on rare occasions I might indulge in half a small bar of chocolate with my fiance. But this is usually once a week at most.

Also I am due a fill this Thursday so will be smaller than this after that date. I am hoping to hit the sweet spot :)

Hiya

Breakfast
I will either have 1 weetabix with skimmed milk and granulated sweetner or
30g dry weight porridge with 1 teaspoon of sultanas, skimmed milk and granulated sweetner. I always make up my porridge with water and not milk and I have a cup of tea, again with skimmed milk and sweetners.

Lunch - 3 strawberries chopped, 3 grapes chopped and about 5 raspberries with a low fat or fat free yoghurt.
or small can of tuna in brine (drained), 2 chopped spring onions, 1/8th of a bell pepper, 2 small boiled new potatoes, chopped, put all this into a small bowl and add 2 tablespoons fat free Kraft Honey & Mustard dressing.

Dinner - can of minestrone soup, no bread, yoghurt or I make low fat custard with skimmed milk and sweetner and have 4 tablespoons of that.
or I will have 3 tablespoons cooked wholewheat pasta with 3 tablespoons of bolognaise made with lean steak mince, I have a small child bowl that I use to put my dinner in.

Snacks throughout the day, I chopped a large fresh carrot up and keep it in a container on my desk and nibble when I need to or will have
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, chopped apricot etc.
I put a pint glass of water on my desk in the morning and make sure I have drunk it before I leave for home, on most days I manage about a pint and a half.
Hope this is helpful
MNL :p

breakfast a small bowl of either cornflakes or branflakes, skimmed milk (baby bowl as this helps keep portion control)

lunch small piece of chicken breast 1 scoop of mash and mixed veg, with gravy

dinner either a tin of soup(no bread) i have this most days, OR a small baked potato (no bigger than tennis ball sized) with what ever filling, i usually have in it either baked beans, tuna or chilli.

i have 2 cups of coffee a day, and some times a yoghurt. i do also have an odd hand full of nuts.

some days not all i will have a packet of quavers.

this is just a general guideline of a days food but lots of other food types can be eaten.

also drink plenty of water through the day.

your all lucky eating cereal i cant tolerate it at all now hurts to much . if i could id not eat till early afternoon but force myself lol

Thanks so much thats really helpful only had 1 fil not able to eat as much as last week but still able to eat all sorts of food with no problem i.e. granary bread cereal and most fish.

I can only tolerate toasted bread, and usually only one slice and it has to be multigrain/multiseed bread. Cannot tolerate white bread at all, if it gets stuck it hurts like hell. Before I had this recent fill, I had tuna on a wrap, as I figured it wasnt as heavy as bread, and it got stuck. I was sick and really uncomfortable for quite a while. I would suggest that you take it easy with bread once you can start on normal food, and just experiment. I am still on liquids, due to go on to mushy food today after 3 days of the liquid diet, but can't face the thought of food at the moment. take care
MNL :)

Oh dear don't like the sound of that seems like I've been lucky so far nothing has made me sick I have had some discomfort at times, I think It's hard sometimes to know when I have had enough, Tonight has been the first time I knew to stop as I began to feel uncomfortable I think this may be due to the fil I had last Thursday.

Oh dear don't like the sound of that seems like I've been lucky so far nothing has made me sick I have had some discomfort at times, I think It's hard sometimes to know when I have had enough, Tonight has been the first time I knew to stop as I began to feel uncomfortable I think this may be due to the fil I had last Thursday.

your be fine its trial and error with each fill things change i occasionally still have one mouthful to much but you soon learn what foods are a def no no bread and fish are my worst but it does vary from person to person

Hiya.
Breakfast - 1x weetabix / or Bran with semi skimmed milk. If don't get chance for a breakfast before going to work. then I buy a Muller rice yohurt. Now can eat a full pot, but I'm busting full.
Lunch - Container of salad and couple slices of meat and a cracker. Realised now to take more salad, get the full feeling which lasts me to 5ish, then when I get home, have two crackers to put me on until tea time at 08
Tea - All on a small (side) plate -Salad/Veg with either 1/4 quiche. or 2/3 pieces of tortellina pasta or anything really. (Can't think!! lol)

Before my 3rd fill in Jan, I could still manage a couple of crackers later in the evening. I can't now, I'm full. Its so uncomfortable and painful, wish I hadn't bothered and don't now.My eyes are still too big. lol
I've got myself a small fork, so can't put as much on. As the small plate works for me, looks like you've loads but was still putting everything on my fork and you can't chew and chew that much, look like a hamster. heehee
All the best

Back