• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tomorrow's op cancelled at treliske Cornwall!

samp24

Should have gone in for my bypass tomorrow at 7.30 am,, rang me at 4pm to say all elective surgeries cancelled as no beds and too many emergencies. Told me to stop pre op diet as probably not going to be rescheduled till end of may beginning of June. I understand emergencies priority but gutted! Any words of wisdom from those who have been cancelled?

Really sorry to hear that they've postponed. Them cancelling or postponing is my biggest worry at the moment. My op is due at Treliske next Tuesday May 6th.

It's ridiculous that they seem to think we don't have to get ourselves and our lives prepared for the op, and that cancelling is okay with us - it's not. There's no way that I can reschedule financially and family wise until very late on in the year if they postpone mine.

I'm beginning to wonder how often Treliske do this, as it seemed a regular occurrence when I attended BOSPA meetings at our previous address.

Sorry again and Fingers crossed that they call and reschedule you very soon.

I'm so sorry for u...

I'm so sorry that your op has been cancelled :(

Sorry to hear your news :( of course emergency's happen and take priority ............ I was banded at Treliske in feb and TBH its all a bit hit nd miss on the day too..... they seem to get everyone in at 7.30 am and do the schedule round who's there and if they've got beds or not!!
I had to be there 7.30 and finally went down gone 1pm lol
I don't think the grasp what a big step this is for us ...... to them is a routine op but a complete life saver/changer.
You must be feeling completely flat now, i can totally understand but don't let it get you down.......... these things happen unfortunately :( hugs coming your way :) on a brighter note, its lovely to see another fellow Treliske opper x x x

sorry your op was cancelled.... I feel your pain I was cancelled last thursday (after sitting in the waiting room for 6hrs & meeting anaesthetist etc) it is heart wrenching, the big build up then the deflation.... but as every1 kept telling me these things happen for a reason

Fingers crossed you get your new date soon :) chin up!

so sorry you was cancelled hope you get a new date shortly

thanks guys, i know it happens and Gemzy i saw your post so know that i got off lightly as at least they cancelled me before i got to the hospital. very flat today and back at my desk at work (had my head round being off for a month). never mind fingers crossed i get a call with a new date soon. good luck Jamast with yours next week and lets hope they have got through this "crisis point" by then and you get yours as scheduled. i will keep my chin up and thanks again for your kind words and thoughts

Could you call them and gently push for a new date?

I rang the bariatric co-ordinator at 9.30am got given a new date of 10th June, she said that they have loads of wards closed with the Norovirus which is why they are only taking in emergencies. she then rang back a few mins later and said that i have been waiting such a long time that they had re thought it and with a bit of juggling gave me an earlier date of 27th May. she said that it is possible to be cancelled again (if there is a blanket closure like the current one), but if it is a question of not enough beds then i would be the last one to be cancelled being cancelled once already would make me a priority. we will see! she was very nice and really apologetic. just a shame that my family have driven down from kent to look after me and i have moved all my livestock (cattle and sheep) home to make things easier for them and will have to move em all away again and then back again in a months time. what a logistical pain in the arse! Work are being supportive though. Fingers crossed jamast that its all back to normal for you next week.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you hunni :) hope all goes ahead next time x x x I was on the understanding that at some point in the near future there was to be a special ward for bariatric patients ?? that was back last year i heard that, but when i was there in feb i was sent onto one of the main wards!! despite being a day case and due to recover on a recliner.............. i guess it boils down to what happens on the day??!! anyway sweets sending love n light hoping all falls into place.................ugh gl with the logistical side too x x where abouts are you?

just outside truro, on the back road to Carnon Downs, a little place called Penweathers, but i dont have enough land at home for my sheep and cattle so have fields that i rent in a few different places so therefore i have to move them all about frequently and then i will bring them back just before my op to make it easier for my my mum to look after them when i am recooperating, otherwise she has to drive all over and she doesnt know Cornwall very well.feeling more positive this afternoon. I am sure it WILL happen, just have to wait 4 more weeks.

ahhh your not far away then.... am right down nr Lands End was planning on meeting up with another Cornwall lady for a coffee one day..... if you fancy it too :) I really feel for you hunni, hopefully it wont be long and you manage to sort the animals too!! Wishing you well x x x am coming up to treliske on 20th May for appointment (unless anything changes) am trying for then for coffee :) x x

sorry your op was cancelled. Fingers crossed for May x

I rang the bariatric co-ordinator at 9.30am got given a new date of 10th June, she said that they have loads of wards closed with the Norovirus which is why they are only taking in emergencies. she then rang back a few mins later and said that i have been waiting such a long time that they had re thought it and with a bit of juggling gave me an earlier date of 27th May. she said that it is possible to be cancelled again (if there is a blanket closure like the current one), but if it is a question of not enough beds then i would be the last one to be cancelled being cancelled once already would make me a priority. we will see! she was very nice and really apologetic. just a shame that my family have driven down from kent to look after me and i have moved all my livestock (cattle and sheep) home to make things easier for them and will have to move em all away again and then back again in a months time. what a logistical pain in the arse! Work are being supportive though. Fingers crossed jamast that its all back to normal for you next week.[/QUOTE

I read this post yesterday just before 4pm and as the time passed I thought that good they haven't cancelled me, oh was I wrong I went into Treliske this morning at 07:30 saw the surgeon, anaesthetist and nurse all see to be going well until Jeremy came in and called the other lady in the waiting room and when she came back she told me her op had been cancelled then I was called and also told my op had been cancelled due to bed shortages! At first I was very accepting but now I feel gutted I keep thinking that it would all be over now and I've got to do the LSD again! Jeremy has given me a new date 22/10 6 weeks away!

Oh boy, that would do my head in. It must take so much to psych yourself up for it, I can't imagine the feeling of being told it's cancelled! Grrrr!! I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to me, would be the story of my life! I know it was a long time ago for you, but (((hugs))) anyway for what you went through!

Back