• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Toning tables

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone

Anyone tried these?

I have been a member of my gym for 2 years and found out earlier this week they have a toning centre and its free to members! So I have booked a half hour session with a trainer to show me the ropes.

One of my FB friends uses them regularly and apparantly if you use them correctly they actually work.

Ive recently (8 weeks ago) had a full abdominal hysterectomy and Im not quite up to any extreme abdominal exercise so Im really hoping a few sessions a week on the tables will help.

Will report back later but would be interested to hear of anyone elses experiences :D

Have you been given the all clear to start exercising again yet? I know it was about 3 months before I could do anything after my hysterectomy xx

yes i have to weight a full 3 months after mine and i was cut fully. i used these tables many years ago i didnt find they helped me but who knows as with diets it could be differnt for you x

Thanks for your replies, I was cut fully too but I have been exercising since I came out of hospital. The physiotherapist gave me an exercise plan which included walking only for the first few weeks then gentle swimming once my wound had healed and all stitches were dissolved. I have had my post op check up and the doctor was really pleased that I had stayed active and said I was fine to return to fitness classes and to do what feels comfortable. Im not going to attempt any weight training which is why I thought the tables might be good. If you work against them they provide a good resistance work out which is what I hope to get out of it, I will still be doing cardio work.

I will let you know how I get on.

Last edited:
Well the session went really well. Started off with 10 mins on the vibro plate which is supposed to help increase bone density - good for me as Im now on HRT.

Then I did 5 minutes on each of the tables. I could really feel that I had done something as well. If you work against the resistance instead of allowing the table to move you then you can really feel it.

Will deffo use them again :D

ooh I didnt see this the other day Mazza. I have used the toning tables before but it was a few years ago now alongside whichever diet I was doing at the time. Be interested to see how you get on if you use them regularly.

wow toning tables i remember using them about 18 yrs ago!! i thought they were great at the time & would def use them again given the chance!!

Did I read somewhere we're not allowed to use these following surgery or have I confused it with something else?

Hmmm not sure if you have confused that or not Twiggie?

Obviously early days it would not be a good idea, Im over a year post op (band) but had a total abdomonal hysterectomy around 8 weeks ago.

Im just testing it out for now x

Back