• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ramblings of rachaelh

rachaelh

well i bit the bullet this week, i got referred by my gp for an exercise referral programme at the local leisure centre, i originally went to check if i was cleared for exercise following my christmas eve's eve trip into hospital, all was good to go but i was advised to use this service for now instead of the private gym as the gp surgery get the updates from the nutritionists and fitness bods at this one, but not obviously from private health clubs... so anyway off i go only to be devastated with the fact that the guy who gave me my induction is the very same school bully who ripped the water out of me for my weight in senior school and now thanks to my wonderful gp knows all about me being post op. So i suck it up, telling myself its been 12 years since i saw this prized pr**k and that he is of no importance any more but within minutes i felt like cr*p again, he's given me an exercise program that i was was meant to humiliate me when i couldn't do it but i managed better than i thought (wasn't going to let him win this time round!) but i don't know if i'm doing too much too soon...

i'm supposed to be doing 4 x per week at the gym (2 x so far this week but on course to complete in full)
my session consists of...
10 minutes on bike maintaining 70rpm (warm up)
10 minutes on treadmill, speed 5.5km/hr on incline of 3.2
10 minutes on cross trainer maintaining 55-60 rpm
2 sets of 12 reps on shoulder press, lifting 35kg weight
2 sets of 12 reps on chest press, lifting 20kg weight
2 sets of 12 reps on seated rower, lifting 20kg weight
2 sets of 12 reps on leg curl, lifting 35kg weight
2 sets of 12 reps on leg extender, lifting 35kg weight
5 mins on bike maintaining 55-60 reps (cool down)

does this seem a bit excessive as a starter to anyone else bearing in mind i'm new to exercise and still almost 19 stone!? i'd just hate to think he's set me up for failure... sorry in my head im a teenager again where this clown is concerned :cry:

Sorry Hun carnt help as I'm pre op but just wanted to say chin up big hugs n if u feel he's still being a cock like he was at school is there no one else in the gym they cud transfer u 2? X hope it all wrks out for u x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

can you go on his day off? then another trainer can look at what hes given you. If it is too much he will look a prize prick!! :) good luck honey, i know it must be really hard for you :( xxx

If it's Temple park hun, let me know when you go and ill try and join you. I tend to go on a Monday and Thursday at the min. We can team up!! xx

It sounds a bit like boot camp at the biggest loser to me. Much too much for you at this stage.

thanks everyone, i seem to be managing ok so maybe he knows what he's doing and i'm just a little over sensitive due to past history, i've actually seen him again this week and he's been fine so maybe i was a bit harsh, i guess people can grow up! and kellie, yes it temple park i'm going to, trying to get there on a morning about half 9 ish as i start work at 1 so need time to get back and recover! but that would be great, a gym buddy would be most welcome!

I am not a personal trainer...but have had a few in my time and I would say that looks like a reasonable 50 min workout with a good combo of cardio and strengthening, which will probably burn about 350 cals. He should be looking at you and feel proud that you have got off your arse and done something for yourself about things - 4 weeks and it will feel like a piece of P*** I promise you! xx

(edit)Seems a great starter workout to be honest. Remember to push yourself, if you dont feel the burn on rep 7-8 then its too light. Your better of doing 10 reps of a heavier weight than 20 of a lighter weight.

Im no personal trainer but have my own pt so just passing on what ive been told. :)

Also dont let your heart rate drop during your session, atleast not too much x

Last edited:
OOnion said:
Sam I usually find just thinking of the bill keeps my heart rate up!! x

Haha bless yah. Well read a bill while squatting. :) xx

Oh god! Ive got a couple of kettle bells, but clueless lol x

Back