• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Took a big step today...

RoseA

I weighed myself for the first time in 15 years. Even when I've been weighed by my GP and at the hospital I haven't wanted to know. They told me my BMI was 50 but that just feels like a number.

Today just seemed right. I weigh 19 stone and 7 pounds. There... I said it. It's probably no more or less than I expected, but I'm relieved that I'm still under 20 stone. Psychologically that is important to me.

I lurk more than I post here... but I've become an avid reader and it's all your stories which have given me the strength to do this. It's an important step in my journey. I'm actually glad now, that the op date I was given in December, was cancelled. It was far too quick and I was far from being mentally ready for surgery and all the life implications. I'm not saying that I'm 100% ready now, but I am much more prepared.

I couldn't (wouldn't) have done it without you. Thank you !
Rose

yeah actually having then information be it on paper or see it on the scale or seeing a picture sometimes makes us take a step back , but without that information we can not move on . At least you now know where you start and yes being under 20st is great its somthing in my adult life iv never seen so good for you to take that step wishing you the best for your weight loss journey x

Congratulations on your big step... it's onwards and downwards from here. Or something like that!

Well done for being able to identify that you weren't ready for surgery... that's a massive thing to be able to say, and to acknowledge the major impact this surgery will have on your life.

Good luck with your journey from here on.

Rx

Well done for taking your step forward....................next step is hopefully your new date and hopefully you will be ready to continue on your journey then. Good Luck

Ann xx

That is such a massive step. Well done to you!

Congratulations to you! I kept my weight a secret from everyone, even my husband until I found mini's. It took courage but I posted my weight under my profile and because this site is full of like minded people no-one cared, or laughed, or sniggered, that's what's great about this site! :D That was the first time I had ever revealed my weight and I haven't looked back since! :D

Very best of luck with your weightloss journey, we are with you all the way! :D

Cuppa xx

Thanks everyone :):) Your support really does mean so much. I agree wholeheartedly with cuppa too. I haven't yet told my husband I weighed myself, let alone what the result was, that's another step...

Rose

Back