• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Top tip for when having an endoscopy....

newcy

I had my endoscopy today and have to say although it was no where near as painful as natural childbirth... it was by far the worst 5-10 minutes of my life! The gagging noises were just awful and all I could think about was that the tears were streaming down my face - hence the title...

My top tip for the endoscopy is wear water proof mascara. Terribly vain I know but it was over so quickly that I was relieved that I hadn't been sedated but came out looking a total mess and feeling embarrassed to death! So glad it's over
:sign0137:

Aw, its over now, honey :) Seems to be a necessary evil for some hospitals, but you got a really positive result from those few minutes of discomfort :D:D take care xxx

Well done hun....Not sure if i'm going to need one or not....Hope not though!

Best wishes and a very Merry Xmas to you and yours

Take Care

Andy xx

Thanks guys. Merry Christmas x

My top tip for the endoscopy is wear water proof mascara. Terribly vain I know but it was over so quickly that I was relieved that I hadn't been sedated but came out looking a total mess and feeling embarrassed to death! So glad it's over
:sign0137:

My top tip: take a friend with you, so that you are allowed to have local anaesthetic

I went on my own and because unaccompanied was only allowed the throat spray which was about effective at numbing the area as chloraseptic ! :(

I hated the endoscopy and wished I had known how painful it might be in advance so that I would have tried harder to get a friend to go with me.

Back