• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

An update from me as been awol for some time :(

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all well i have been awol for the past few months now although i have been lurking recently the past few days and decided its time i posted and updated u all to what's been going on with me.
Well since August this year i have had 3 operations and spent 26 days in the Whittington hotel:)
My first op was in August where i had an Endsocopy then a hernia repair, closed up a large open space where some of my bowel had pushed out and i looked like i was 6 months pregnant and all this started with pains after eating and drinking.

Op no 2 was in Sept where i was admitted as an emergency as i had not been able to eat for 8 days and drink for 3 days i spent 12 days in the whittington 11 of them on a drip and on morphine. My surgeon was away but another surgeon performed an Endoscopy and saw what he described as a second pouch on my bowel and also a narrowing in my oesophagus or an anastomosis, i had a stretch and felt fab for 24 hrs then had pain back again, was seen at the whittington the next week and had another endoscopy and other tests and was then booked in for another stretch but some how the pains seemed to eased off so with the permission of my surgeon i cancelled the endoscopy and stretch but that was a big mistake as 2 weeks later i was back at the stage where i could not eat or drink without pain again, so i was admitted back in to the Whittington.

Op no 3 was 5 weeks ago i was in the Whittington for 9 days again or morphine as the pain was so bad and i have a high pain threshold but the pain was horrendous, because of emergency`s i was cancelled twice for my op whilst i was on the ward but i totally understand that i was not an emergency, finally i had my op they removed this part of my bowel where a pocket or pouch had formed and this is called a sump and they also removed many adhesions which had formed from my other 2 ops after my bypass.
I came home 2 days later feeling good and happy to finally be out of pain.

Altogether i have lost over 11 stone but have stalled for so long and also i am so annoyed and disgusted with myself for now eating pure crap on a regular basis. I am now 9 months post op and need to get a grip with things and start my losses again.

I have recently been up to the Marsden hospital as there is a very strong chance i carry "the breast cancer gene Bracka 1,2 or 3" so last week i was at the cancer gentics unit at the Marsden for the test and i get my results mid jan. My beautiful mum died of breast cancer at the age of 36 and yesterday was her 34the anniversary of her death and unfortunately all of her four first cousins all have either fighting breast cancer or have died og BC and also my mums first cuz who came with me carries the faulty gene hence me being tested. If i am a carrier they would advise me to have a double mastectomy and rebuild and also my ovaries out, so if i am a carrier their will be some big decisions to be made.

So thats some of whats been going on with me the past few months, i have really let myself go and given it to eating crap mostly carbs and enough is enough i need to get a grip now and take back control.
So Monday morning i am starting the 5 day pouch test to hopefully kick start my losses and re educate myself to eating properly again.
Take care and i think i need to start posting again and stop going awol when things are hard as that is a very bad habit of mine xx

Awww. I am so sorry to hear all of this Roch... you have been truly missed... I have been thinking about you.

Goodness you have been through the mill... it sounds like it's been horrendous.

Hoping it will all ease for you now and that you can get going when you are able and whatever... please keep in touch.

Sending a warm hug and loads of love to you Angel xxx

You poor dear. You have been through so much. I hope that the 5dpt allows you get get back on top of your tool as that is the only thing you can control right now. I will keep my fingers crossed for you with the BC gene.

Good grief what I horrible time you've had. And now you have the wait for results. Good luck with that and glad you're back posting with us now ((HUGS))

Hi roch , I been following your updates on fb, and totally sympathise with all that you have been/going through health wise, Lets hope 2011 is a better year for you babes, well done on losing over 11 stone and good luck with the 5 day pouch test (& the bc testing), least u have realised your slipping (food wise) and doing something about it .........wtg girl and I wish you all the very best - Good luck and best wish - MeJulie xxx

My goodness you poor, poor soul, you've had a horrendous time of it. do so hope that now you will begin to feel and be well and to reap the benefits of your amazing weight loss.
I will certainly be thinking of you as you await your test results too. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now, so to me it seems to be no wonder that you have turned to food a little for comfort.
But you've realised what you're doing and determined to put a stop to it: well done you. Do keep posting now so that we can all be a help and support to you.
Sending much love and hugs
Grace xxx

Wow Roch... what an ordeal! Good to see you back posting & yr looking amazing girl! Good luck with the 5dpt. I have a friend going thru similar tests re cancer, although its tough its good that yr getting it tested.

Lots of love to you. xx

Welcome back Roch, you have had a really tough time! Im pleased you have decided to come back and get back on track ........good luck with the 5 day pouch test XX

Hi Roch sweetie! Good to see you back. Sorry you have had all of your problems and having to wait over Christmas for your test results. Good luck with the 5dpt. xx

hi, you have certainly been through some tough stuff lately. Hope things work out ok with the bracka gene. Welcome back and good luck with the 5 day pouch test. You have done so well already xx

God u really hav had a bad time of things :( I hope all goes ok with u tests keep us posted lots of love n hugs xxxx

G'day Roch - welcome home and back to the WLS forum. You have been missed as a friendly helpful person. Im sorry to hear your struggles, but you have come to the right place and extra super good luck for kick starting your weight loss.
Welcome back x

Welcome home Roche, we've all missed you very very much....

Firstly you've been through a blooming awful time and i hope this is the end of the Whittington Hotel forever for you.....

Secondly wishing you all the best with your tests, i hope they come back clear.

Finally, all the best for the pouch test and i hope it gets you back on track. Just do one little thing for me, please oh please don't put pressure on yourself for weight losses, you always do and it scares me so much. Take your losses as they come, don't 'expect or demand' too much from yourself.

You look absolutely amazing and have done well so far, with all the **** you've had these last few months no wonder you've turned to the easier option, but you will go back xx

Good to see you back. I'm sorry you are going through so much and have already been through so much.

By the way, your latest photo looks great!

Hi Roch,
Welcome back - I've missed you. You sound like you have really been through the mill recently - AND that is an understatment. Well done for amazing weight losses despite it all.
Hope all goes well with test results - you must be due some good luck! Take care of you - you are important. Lots of love
xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Roch - Just want you to know we are all here for you hun x

You have had a real tough time, more than most people could cope with and really hope you wont have to see again. Good Luck with the 5dpd take it carefully and gradually build your health back up again.

Good Luck with the results from your BC tests - hope and pray its all clear for you hun x

Don`t be a stranger!!!

Love and Best Wishes Kat xx

I was only thinking about you this morning Roch and wondering if anyone knew how you were doing. Sorry to hear about all the problems but hopefully it will be more straightforward now. Take it easy and you look brilliant already and I'm sure there is more to come in terms of your losses, it just takes time.

Good luck and take care

M

Welcome back hun and i would like to say you look fab.

Sorry to hear of all the problems but you seem focused at the mo and we will all be behind you during your pouch test. xxxxxx

Back