• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Travel insurance

Gnomes

I'm really in need of your help!!

I go on holiday in 3 weeks and I cannot find an insurance company that will cover me.
The problem seems to be by band, because nothing else has changed and they previously would cover me.

Thanks again x

Have you googled? I did a comparison search where it asked for pre existing conditions....the band increased the policy by around £15 if I recall!

Yes I have, tried at least 8 - 10 sites and I get through the whole application form and declare my band, diabetes etc and then get told they will not cover me.

I'll have to look then as need mine sorting too....I know insure and go did it, I normally go with them, but after browsing i do recall finding a cheaper one!!!

Just thinking out loud....wonder if it's because you have more than 1 pre existing condition?

I use American Express.

I'm with Mondial, I've had bypass not band , but still worth a try if your struggling to get cover. I had to pay an additional premium of £75 to get the bypass covered. Hope you get sorted and have a great holiday :)

I'm with Mondial, I've had bypass not band , but still worth a try if your struggling to get cover. I had to pay an additional premium of £75 to get the bypass covered. Hope you get sorted and have a great holiday :)

Can i just ask is that because its newly done or just because we have had the surgery fullstop I am hoping to go away but not til nxt year food for thought. xx I don;t have any other conditions. xx

How frustrating!!
I can find travel insurance but it WON'T cover me for my band/diabetes etc, so what's the point of the insurance then!!

Looks like my holiday will have to be cancelled

I had a band for 10 years and I never mentioned it when I got my travel insurance - Ooops! You could contact Diabetes UK I'm sure they will have companies they recommend. Fingers crossed you don't have to cancel ! x

Thanks all, still struggling, but can I ask, did most of you who did manage to get travel insurance, apply over the phone or internet?

Did you try the one I mentioned? Manor insurance - you complete a medical questionnaire online. For my under active thyroid and gastric band the quote was about £35. Not bad IMO. Best of luck

I did mine over the phone. My boyfriend has ulcerative colitis and no one would touch him as he's just had a biopsy and hasn't had the results but AA insured us both.

Back