• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Truvia

Paula Garner

Has anyone tried Truvia? If so, how does it compare to other sweeteners?

Does anyone use sweetener ? Or is it best not to ?

Hi Paula I like Splenda as its the only one that doesn't leave after taste in my mouth x

I only use it in cooking & cakes or puddings I use Splenda or agarve syrup instead of sugar or syrup in recipies. Last years Xmas cake & pudding had Splenda & agarve syrup in it with the lowest fat spread I could find instead of the usual butter or marg, vegetable suet instead of the usual suet. Used Splenda instead of caster sugar in the homemade marzipan I think I could almost have used it instead of the icing sugar it was so fine. I use agarve syrup just a tiny bit to take the edge off of the fage 0% Greek yoghurt I have quite often for puddings, the Greek yoghurt is a great cream substitute as well on fresh fruit or Xmas pudding etc. you'll be amazed at how inventive you can be as you settle into the new reigime.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I bought some Truvia but to me it tastes far too sweet and also a bit weird. I haven't tried Splenda but might give that a go. I don't use any sweeteners except in porridge as I can't stand the stuff so it needs a bit of help!!

You only need a 1/3 of the amount of what you would use for sugar, I use it in my tea as I don't like the sweeteners and the aftertaste they leave. but where I would use one teaspoon of sugar, I use a 1/3 of a teaspoon of this in my tea and it doesn't to me, taste any different than sugar. You have to remember that you need much less of it, because it is in the way it is made, naturally sweeter, so use less and it is fine. I much prefer it in my tea and find splenda and others really fake tasting.

I tried it this morning on my weetabix and it was ok. I only intend to use it to sweeten porridge etc, as I have never taken sugar in tea or coffee. Does anyone use an alternative to sweetener ? As I'd be willing to give it a try :)

I use canderel in my tea and have cooked with it too. I've never been a fan of sugar anyway so I've used sweetener for years so I don't notice any after taste but I do like canderel the most :)

Back