• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein shake

Nellyphant

Does anyone use protein shakes as a meal post op? I'm thinking ahead to when we're on holiday at the beginning of June as I'll still be on puree then and for days out taking a shake with me would be an easier option. I don't want to use slimfast or complan as the sugar content in them is really high.

Failing that what about fruit smoothies with protein power in them, anyone tried that?

Thanks.

Hey im 2 1/2 weeks post bypass and sumtyns struggle what to have thru out the day so once a day or even twice use bulid up or slimfast powdered with milk

Buy a celebrity slim shaker cup where you can fill the cup with water and put the powder on the screw bottom. Then you can mix your protein shake on the go.

Shakes from avidlite or low carb megastore are nice. I can't abide any others x

Yes I did that...tesco have some protein cans that are nice and not great big bottles either!

Thanks for the info. I'm going to order some and get them delivered ready for post-op (only 9 more sleeps).

Hi

Tesco also do a diet protein powder, my local only does it in strawberry but it might be available in other flavours as well. It's quite high in protein and low in sugar and fats. Mind you is £22 a bag but should last quite a while if having one a day.

Paul

Back