• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

trying to get back on track

julieann

Well ive had one of the worst weeks ever this week and not just with the eating. My very close friend and her 16 year old son were involved in a nasty car accident on tuesday evening, luckily she escaped with just minor cuts and bruises, but he has suffered severe head injuries and has not woken since. I have just been to the intensive care unit to see him, but what a shock, i am absolutely devastated, my two sons who are really friendly with him are not coping at all well, especially my youngest who is autistic. The trouble is, even with all of the worry i cant seem to get back on track with the eating and most of the time i'm not even hungry its just the emotional thing kicking in which i really need to control. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that he soon wakes and has no long term problems. Sorry to rant on but just need to get it of my chest. julie

:hug99::hug99::hug99: Gosh, you have enough going on to start beating yourself up about you diet choices this week, I would think that once he is out of danger, you will get right back on the healthy eating side. The more you feel guilty about your eating, the more difficult it will be to make the right food choices (speaking as a pre-op-er, so quite prepared to be contradicted). :hug99:Be kind to yourself. :hug99:Thinking of you and will send a prayer upstairs for the young man.
Take good care
Lx

aww julie as lizzie said you have so much else going on that its not surprising your diet is taking a back seat, focus on whats important your kids and the welfare of a friend, the bypass wont allow you to overeat just eat some wron choices. So remember your NOT eating the Quantities you had before.

Fingers crossed your friends son will improve soon

aww julie as lizzie said you have so much else going on that its not surprising your diet is taking a back seat, focus on whats important your kids and the welfare of a friend, the bypass wont allow you to overeat just eat some wron choices. So remember your NOT eating the Quantities you had before.

Fingers crossed your friends son will improve soon

Thanks for the kind words, trouble is i have the band fitted, which even though restricts the amount per portion, i can still snack in between meals, but today is another day, i have just spoken to my friend and they are going to reduce the sedation and see if he wakes on his own but that is all dependant on the swelling in the brain. julie

im so sorry for your friends boy and will pray for him poor thing x dont fret over your eating it is an exceptional time and we all turn to food for comfort there is no way at times like this your not going to revert to it but you are aware you doing it just get some low cal snacks in so if you do end up munching it not so bad but at the end of the day your doing the best you can , xxx

We have had a little hope today when the doctors tried to wake him, they reduced the sedation just to see how he would react and thank god there was movement but only on the left side, so they sedated him again so as not to distress him too much and apparently just because he doesnt have movement now it doesnt mean that he will never have movement, it can sometimes take a while for the brain to function fully again and sometimes it can take a number of attempts to wake him before he reacts as he should, but at least it is a small glimmer of hope.

How terrible, I hope that he is Ok and that he gets all his movement next time they try.
You dont realise how lucky you are untill something like this happens.
Thinking of him xxx
I think food is probably the last thing on your mind at this time, everything will sort itself out xx

Hi,
Just wanted to say how sorry i am to hear about your friends son. At times you should focus on whats really important and go easy on yourself....you WILL get back on track but for now just give yourself a break until you can concentrate your efforts. Hope all goes well and you get some good news soon.

Just to fill you all in, my friends son has finally come out of his coma and what a relief, he still has a long way to go but he knows who everyone is and he is starting to speak a little so hopefully he will now go from strength to strength. julie

that must be such a relief julie, hopefully now you can start to relax a bit more

Oh Julie, I'm so relieved for you. xxx

Back