• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time to get serious again

quetiapina

Bumps along somehow
Hi everyone,

Well, I've been pretty unwell with my Bipolar for the last 5 or 6 weeks - swinging between ok and very not ok. 2 weeks ago I was hospitalised (first time in 4 years) in the local Accute Psych hosp.

When I am accutely unwell (instead of just chronic) this is my worst time for eating too much and has caused major problems in the past i.e. lose weight when ok - put it back on again when accute.

This time I know my eating has not been at it's best (although thanks to hospital food it didn't get that bad! Who knew that soup can also be savoury jelly that moves slowly to fill the hole created by the spoon). But it has not been as it should, feeling a lot more head hunger and acting on it as I've no defences to it.

Well, although feeling pretty wobbly, I feel it is time to get back on track.
I might need a bit of help from you lovely people as I get my head around it all again.

Lv Jen x

Aw Jenni I am so sorry to hear this.
I am a psychiatric nurse, so if I can be of any help to you or you want a chat anytime just let me know.
Best wishes
Rx

Hi jen sorry to hear you have had a bad time , bipolar is within my family so seen close up just how it affects people. Growing up with a mum with it was hard at times and still is now, so i feel for you i really do x well done for getting back on line and back on the straight and narrow lol big huggs x

Jenni,

I'm sooo sorry you've been having a bad time of it again. Hope things improve from now on and we are always here to help. Start with one day at a time or even one meal at a time and lets get your weight moving again...xxx

Hi Jenni

I am sorry to hear this...But glad to hear you are raring to go to get back on track....You have done so well so far...you deserve to get to your goal.

Always here if you need me for a shoulder...

Take care hun.

(((hugs)))

Hi Jen

Sending you big hugs :hug99:you know where we all are if you need us x

we are all here for you jen.x

Ditto to everything already said,we are all here for you.Im often on 11pm on so try me for a chat.(((hugs)))x

hugs hun. xx

Hiya hun - use the site for any help, info and advice needed hun! Thats what its hear fr, and what everyone comes on here for! Im sorry to hear you have been unwell, and I keep my fingers crossed that things get better for you with time :D x
Sal x

(((((big hugs to u hun)))) u r def not alone we are all here to hold your hand help you through this hard time luv Roch xx

Im so sorry you have been so poorly with this.
Last year I was hospitalised and sectioned (how embarrassing) for an acute manic episode. My diagnosis was bipolar disorder. Although I have been pretty much symptom free for the best part of 10 months I still take large doses of anti-psychotic medication (Quetiapine) . I know how frightening it is to be poorly and hospitalised as a result. My heart goes out to you it really does and if you ever feel like chatting...well you know what to do

Back