• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy Bug..........Help

vanilla-cupcake

There is a dreaded tummy bug going about and I think im getting it :eek:

What do I do, will vomiting harm my band in any way??? Im petrified of being sick incase it does something to my band and if something happens my band i'd have to fly back over to England cos we dont do bariatric surgery over here............ oh God im panicking now....I need to calm down <<<<<<<breathe>>>>>>>

Can someone put my mind at rest

Kate x

can only speak of bugs via bypass - I had a tummy bug and it manifested itself in diarrhea. Sure you will be ok - I would think that vomiting is just fluids coming back up - try not to panic and get to a pharmacy!

don't panic, What happened with me and my band was instead of the yuk coming up, it just lay in the lower part of my stomach didn't feel nice at all but didn't come up. However, in another case I was sick and it doesnt feel nice the important thing is to be careful the band doesnt slip, but thats hard to do. I would suggest you get some stuff from dr now to prevent it going as far as this...but either way you will survive, good luck xx

Oh dear Kate, hope you dont get it!

Im sure Liz said a while back that she doesnt get the sick bit just the other now, cant be 100% though but Im sure she will read this and post soon x

don't panic, What happened with me and my band was instead of the yuk coming up, it just lay in the lower part of my stomach didn't feel nice at all but didn't come up. However, in another case I was sick and it doesnt feel nice the important thing is to be careful the band doesnt slip, but thats hard to do. I would suggest you get some stuff from dr now to prevent it going as far as this...but either way you will survive, good luck xx

Just rang my doc and ordered anti sickness tablets, will be ready this evening sometime, Oh God I hope it just lies in my bottom tummy I couldn't handle being sick i'd be a nervous wreck plus it reminds of the dreaded morning sickness :sign0137:

i can only be band sick now if food gets stuck ive never been poorly sick goes through other end get shakes ect with a tummy bug thats about all from my experiences x

I think I had it last week aswell, I had awful tummy pains and was on the toilet seat for quite a while :eek: felt really sick but wasn't sick and now im feeling the same again, there are loads of children at my childrens school off with it so I must just keep catching it :sigh:

Hi Kate
I`m sorry your not feeling to good hun I hope your better soon . Take care .
Margaret xx

Thanks Margaret :)

I meant to txt you back and I forgot, Im going to the meeting, I dont think the parking is free at The Days Inn, I stayed there about 2 years ago and I think we paid for parking, its a sh!t hotel, ah well it cant be helped, looking forward to meeting you :D

There is a dreaded tummy bug going about and I think im getting it :eek:

What do I do, will vomiting harm my band in any way??? Im petrified of being sick incase it does something to my band and if something happens my band i'd have to fly back over to England cos we dont do bariatric surgery over here............ oh God im panicking now....I need to calm down <<<<<<<breathe>>>>>>>

Can someone put my mind at rest

Kate x
hi kate
dont have band but i think ive got the tummy bug,i do feel sick but touch wood its the other at the minute. you be ok xx

Sorry your not feeling well sweety.

Are you not supposed to have a band let down when your sick, i've read that its possible to vomit though the band, but at the risk of pushing your lower stomach up through the band restriction, which will move or damage the stitching holding it in place ! :eek:

You sure your not just pregnant again like last week ;)

Sorry your not feeling well sweety.

Are you not supposed to have a band let down when your sick, i've read that its possible to vomit though the band, but at the risk of pushing your lower stomach up through the band restriction, which will move or damage the stitching holding it in place ! :eek:

You sure your not just pregnant again like last week ;)

Hey Brucey ;)

Im feeling much better now, took an anti sickness tablet and im alive again lol

And dont scare the sh!te outa me by telling me about tummys moving up the ways through bands and what not :eek: I dont wanna know that or i'd be in the canal lol

And NO im not pregnant, I could tell you how I know but im sure you dont want to know :giggle: if your anything like my daddy you leave all that talk to the women lol

Hi Kate
sorry you are not feeling great but glad you got anti sickness tabs. If they are the ones i had for years they will do the job very well hope you feel better soon. BTW when is NI meet x

Hi Allie, Margaret txt me the other day its on the 3rd October its a Saturday :)

Back