• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have my operation in 3 weeks

vanilla-cupcake

*This is the 2nd time I posted this, think I put it in the wrong section*

Hi everyone, my name is Kate, im new to this and very nervous

I have 3 children and with each child the weight just piled on and it has now got to the stage where I just dont enjoy life anymore

My husband is fantastic and VERY supportive, I think he is more nervous about the op than me

I'm 14st 10 (on last check) :sigh: and dying to be back to 9 stone, my life just isn't my own anymore, my weight is taking over, I wont go out incase I bump into people I havn't seen in years cos I know they will be shocked at the size I am (I would be)

I booked my operation on Tuesday night, I have my consultation next saturday and then flying to Birmingham the following Friday to have my op on the Sat, Dr Paul Super will be my surgeon and I am meeting him next week, I cant wait

Have any of you on here had the Lap Band and how have you found it, has it been the answer to your problems, I would just love to speak to people who are or have been in the same boat as me

Sorry for going on a bit, I tend to do that with nerves :p

Last edited:
hi kate, welcome to minis, im a bander of 4 years and its changed my life in many ways, not just health wise but emotionally as well, as i was depressed with being over weight for many years.

good luck on your weight loss journey.

liz x

hi yummy the nerves hav`nt totally kicked in yet give me a few more weeks and i`ll b a nervous wreck im buying things for pre and post op now occupying myself lol x heather

Hi and welcome to minis there are loads of lovely friendly people on here all going through the same things (which is fantastic). I haven't had surgery yet but hoping I will get funding tomorrow for a gastric bypass. Good luck with your op and take care.

Hiya and welcome to Minis Im a bander, had mine fitted 2 months ago and have never looked back:D
what sort of things do you want to know babe?

Hi Cakeybun, My God you have lost 2 st in 2 months thats amazing, I hope I do that well, how are you finding it, is it tough and I dont really want to know but I sort of do.....do you be in much pain after the op and for how long, I have had 2 sections so I do know what pain is but im still scared of it :(

Hiya

I had my band fitted on 25th April. Since booking the op I have lost 34lbs. So pleased with the results! x

Hi Mazza that is brilliant ur :superwoman: :D God I dont know why I didn't do this years ago especially before I got married, maybe i'll renew my vows when I get my new body!!!

Back