• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy tuck?

Gemma1986

Im just me!
Will the nhs do tummy tucks?
If not does any one no the best place?

Hi Gemma and welcome to this great site.
I've just been given funding for a FTT on the NHS and have my op 9th sept 2008.
I too have lost alot of weight and had 3 caesarians sections which has left an apron of skin and extremely weakend stomach muscles.
I get constant skin infections and sores and inbetween my fold. I need high strength antibiotics every 6 weeks or so as it constantly flares up plus this makes me really depressed and self concious about myself, luckliy my GP has been very supportive, he referred me 23rd May and applied for funding, I saw a PS on 6th june, he also recommended funding under extreme medical conditions, then the PCT agreed funding 23rd june after a 4 day fight from me and my GP but it worked and now I'm having the op 9th sept '08.
It is a lottery and very hard to get this surgery on he NHS unless it's for extreme medical reasons, I have known people who have lost weight from a size 20 to a size 10 and they still wouldn't do a FTT due to it not been a medical reason, had it been for a medical reason then they would of done it.
I hope a helped a little bit in the process sense, and I hope you get the postive outcome you deserve.
Take care
Trina xx

Hi i had a nhs tum tuck last year, my band surgeon refered me to his nhs plastics team. i had a fluer de lys tuck, its made such a difference to both how i feel and look, im hoping to have further p/s in the future.
good luck
liz xx

Hi Fizzy,
You can look online for the PCT's in your area but you have to be refered by your GP first if you want this to be done on the NHS. I'm 95% sure that no PCT will offer funding without your GP's referal letter, please don't give up if they say no at first, you must appeal as most PCT's nearly always refuse first referals to save money but alot are offered funding after they appeal, so don't give in.
Take care
Trina xx

Back