• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tutorials on how to use the MiniMins.com Forums - call for requests :)

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, after being completely frustrated with a poorly designed website last night, I have taken it to heart that even somebody with a degree in computers can sometimes not navigate sites.

So today I have decided to make sure this never happens on MiniMins in the future.

If anybody has a request on how to do anything on this site, I will make a full tutorial with easy to follow screenshots. And I will create a sub forum off this one called "MiniMins Tutorials" and put them in there. (locked if they need to be discussed that can be done here in this tech support forum).

So, post below on what features confuse you, signatures, formatting fonts, browsing the site, the way it’s laid out, UserCP, so on so forth. Or if you want to do something but don’t know how to do it let us know and I will see what I can come up with.

And really don’t think your inconveniencing me, think that your helping the future new people that come to the site :)

Moderation tasks are welcome but please PM it to me instead of on the forum.

Pierce

Thanks Pierce. You are a jewel
Irene xx

Hi Pierce,

I am new to this site so maybe it's me, but when I post a message I never actually know where I am posting it to. I can't find my message when I want to view the replies unless I go to my User CP box. When I look around the forums I can't see my posts. Like I say, this is probably me coz I'm new but I would appreciate knowing how to post properly so I can make the most of the site and hopefully get more replies.

Thanks

im making up a few tutorials now they should be ready by tonight :)

thanks irene and mia!

Pierce

Last edited by a moderator:
Theyre great Pierce.

I know when I joined Minimins it took me ages to work out things like multi quote. I dont know how many times Ive seen people asking about rep power and how to change thread titles :)

These are a brilliant idea

if you have any more ideas, let me know (even if its a mod one, let me know by pm) and i will make it.

Pierce

What about one on explaining how rep power works, thats another one Ive seen a lot of threads about :)

What about one on explaining how rep power works, thats another one Ive seen a lot of threads about :)

Hmm, what is rep power?

The more reputation points that people give you, the more reputation power you get. For every 100 points you get 1 reputation power. This reputation power you can give to other power. For exampe, if you have 20 reputation power, you can give other people 20 reputation points.

So if you have 100 points, you can give another person a full extra reputation power. So you should use your reputation power with responsibility.

You can give reputation 10 times a day and must give it to 10 people before you can give it to the same person again.

What do you think of that Starlight?

Pierce

Sounds good to me! but maybe mention you get 1 rep for every 100 posts too? :)

I know there are other threads explaining it but I think having them all in the one section is a brilliant idea :)

Back