• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Two weeks from surgery

bazzab

Hi everyone. My name is Barry, I'm a 43 year old male from the North West of Ireland. I'm due to fly to Belgium on the 23rd of this month for a gastric sleeve. I was originally going for a bypass but unfortunately a busted mytrol valve has scared the surgeon off. When I first decided to go for it, I weighed in at a hefty 190.3 kg, 10 weeks later I'm at 169.4 kg.
I started a pretty op milk diet yesterday that my sister found on t'interwebz. I have a feeling that the real battle starts after the operation is over and then t scares the pants off me. :cry:

Good luck with everything Barry. You'll be fine I'm sure.

I'm 7 weeks post sleeve op and feel great. Yes, the first few days/weeks are tough but it's certainly worth it!

Good luck hunni looking forward to hearing how you're doing :)

Hi everyone. My name is Barry, I'm a 43 year old male from the North West of Ireland. I'm due to fly to Belgium on the 23rd of this month for a gastric sleeve. I was originally going for a bypass but unfortunately a busted mytrol valve has scared the surgeon off. When I first decided to go for it, I weighed in at a hefty 190.3 kg, 10 weeks later I'm at 169.4 kg. I started a pretty op milk diet yesterday that my sister found on t'interwebz. I have a feeling that the real battle starts after the operation is over and then t scares the pants off me. :cry:
Hi bazz welcome to get a great site. Your doing well with your weight loss so far. Wow ! How long did they say to do the milk diet for?? Come and join us on our NOVEMBER 2014 thread lots of us having surgery in Nov . All the best with your journey x

I'm a week out of surgery now, total weight loss is 64 lbs as of last Saturday. Yayyyy.... I didn't die. :)

It always helps if you don't peg it on the operating table!!! I am hoping to go to Belgium in January for a sleeve so may pick your brain with questions. When did you pay for you op?

Glad you are doing well, keep it up

Debbie

I paid €1000 deposit on booking. Paid the rest of the money a week before my first operation date, and they refunded €1050 the day after the op. :)

So far so good. I put in a big effort before the op. Death first followed by 2 weeks of Milk diet followed by another week of the death diet followed by a two day hunger strike. Anywasys my state were good all through the surgery, doc said my liver was smaller than his. :) I woke up twenty minutes after the op, was out of bed four hours later, had an hours stroll the morning I got out and no problems. Apart from eating the stuff I shouldn't. That is......

Back