• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

unexpected problem post op.

SOON SLIM SUE

types with one finger
my problem is my false teeth do not fit my mouth any more. i have an ap to see a dentist tomorrow (monday). if he can reline them I'll be OK cost approx £130.00, if not it's going to cost me approx £500.00 for new ones.
i spent all Friday afternoon trying to get an NHS dentist with no luck.
has anyone else had this problem!!!!!!!!!!!

No but i have two false bottom teeth and haven't put them in for weeks cos they aren't comfortable. My husband thought the tissue i wrapped them in was rubbish and threw them away.... So now i need new teeth, hopefully these new ones will be better xx

Teeth, Dont talk to me about teeth, I need a mouth full of new ones, I will be honest and say I was completely dentist phobic, so I wouldn't go but now my mouth is so bad, ive had to bite the bullet, I have found over the past 18 months my teeth have really deteriorated and I am convinced its due to the Gastric Bypass, I have been very ill and i am still struggling with my nutrition levels etc so hey ho, off to the dentist I go..

i have tried NHS direct but the numbers they gave me are only taking on people on benefit.

i Will send you where i go sue in a private massage...
not sure if he will be able to help...I got a nhs dentist in raunds
(I am not on benefits but pay £16.50 for check up)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
wow - i never thaught it would effect your gums! you wouldnt think your fat inside your mouth would you! - suppose its only the same tho! lol - hope you get sorted soon hun you cant be chewing your food peroperly with no teeth in eh? lol xxxxx

I suppose its obvious really! There is fat everywhere and as you lose, you shrink! Even your mouth!

My hubby will be pleased, he thinks I'm far too gobby! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I hope the can sort out your teeth the cheap way. xxx

teeth

LOL I just remebered, once when I worked in an nursing home, a care assistant on with me on nights (she wasn't the sharpest tool in the box, bless her)

thought it would be time saving to bung all the old dears teeth in one big bowl and wash them all at once!

Oh my word, you should've seen the palava at breakfast, having a mass teeth trying on session try to sort out who's where who's !:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

I've not got false teeth, but I do have to wear a mouth guard at night as I'm a 'grinder' - It cost me £700 and it's now too big!

The other thing I've noticed is that the glasses that I bought in January are now huge on me. Every time I look down, they fall off. I took them back to the optician, who tightened them up as much as they could, but they still fall off. It's embarassing to have to have them on a lanyard, but it's better than losing the blooming things! x

:8855::8855::8855::8855:

I suppose its obvious really! There is fat everywhere and as you lose, you shrink! Even your mouth!

My hubby will be pleased, he thinks I'm far too gobby! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I hope the can sort out your teeth the cheap way. xxx

LOL I just remebered, once when I worked in an nursing home, a care assistant on with me on nights (she wasn't the sharpest tool in the box, bless her)

thought it would be time saving to bung all the old dears teeth in one big bowl and wash them all at once!

Oh my word, you should've seen the palava at breakfast, having a mass teeth trying on session try to sort out who's where who's !:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

what a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Back