• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update on my port revision surgery

BlueDiamond

Hi Guys and Gals.

What is it with surgeons secretaries, they seems to wanna hold all the cards and feel like their the surgeons themselves I called her twice this week and said my notes haven't been back from my failed band attempt last week:mad:.

Anyhow I rang the surgical admissions ward (sneeky of me:rolleyes::p) to see if they had allocated me a slot yet for my port revision and the nice lady said too me that the surgeons secretary hadnt many any revisions for my surgery to start wiv:eek:

I explained the situation and told her what the surgeons secretary told me ( no op for me this year as fully booked) and the surgical admissions lady said she wont know if they are fully booked or not because its not part of her job discription to follow the surgical admissions list only her own the secretary would only know the date of the op and thats it, and then the nice lady from surgical admissions booked me in for my pre op for the 4th of october and said she is going to speak to the surgeon and see if they can slot me in asap and she will call me back and tell me my surgery date:D which will be this year and she said it could be within the next month :eek: not in 2011 what I had been told by the secretary.

Thanks to all for all your words of advice and hugs;) it really made me feel better and just goes to show that the secretaries dont hold all the aces either, had I not foned the surgical admissions I would have been held back by his secretary until 2011.:cry:Just as well I took it upon myself too call em.

Thanks in advance for reading - MeJulie xx

Well Julie I am thrilled and disgusted in equal measures!
Thrilled for you, BUT utterly disgusted at this secretary's underhand and obstructive behaviour! I'd personally like to give her a slap! :eek: But perhaps a very firm telling off from her boss would be more to the point?

will you consider a complaint ? (once the revision's sorted of course!)

She really does need sorting!

Good for you Julie, I was held up for over 3 months by a certain secretary! I think they like the feeling of power, very wrong! Fingers crossed you get in sometime in Oct :D X

this sounds like more positive news..
Hope she(admissions lady) rings back soon x x x x x
P.S I am liking the sneaky tactic lol..

hey hey not all us Medical Secretaries are like that :D, altho I am not really one any more, still in the NHS ;) I used to bend over backwards for our patients, altho I have to say many are as the one you describe!!! You can complain ( I would!) to PALS tho!

Oooh it looks like you won't have to wait long and quite right too xx

How blooming awful......... That you had to be sneaky to get what you need and deserve. I hope you don't wait too long MeJulie xx

Well said Dell, even though I had a bad time with a secretary they are not all bad and since then Ive had some lovely staff, including a really lovely lady from PALS. There are some who need some customer service training to say the least ;) x

Must be things are going wrong everywhere! I was booked for a fill last Thursday then had a call on Wednesday night to say the appointment was cancelled. Went this morning and no-one had told the radiologist so he wasnt there! Waste of two mornings and i cant get another appointment until 14th October.
Seems like a long way away but I am really cheered up to hear your good news. Just shows - it was meant to be. Keep trying until you have your date tho. It will be worth it
Loads of love
JO XX

Back