• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Very Pre-Op

Corey

longs to be average!
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but not new to Minimins as I did Lighterlife last year, losing 4 stone................and have not put it all back on - with interest.

I have tried every diet known to man as well as all those tablets - Orlistat, Xenadrine, Hoodia etc etc etc. Needless to say nothing has worked and as the weight goes on depression sets in and I eat more!!! You know the drill.....

Anyways, have decided to go back to my what I wanted to do before Lighterlife, and that is to have a band fitted. I am meeting with the consultant on the 2nd March, although excited about the prospect of having the procedure done and having a "tool" to permanently support me eat the "right" stuff, I am filled with trepidation at the same time. I guess a lot of my problem comes with horror stories that you always hear around certain methods of weightloss and I guess with any form of surgery there is risk. I want to go into the meeting fully prepared. I know the benefits of having the surgery, but only know pitfalls that I have read on the 'net. Not knowing anyone who has had the procedure am not fully aware of how common some of the risks show up? Have any of you had problems? How did you overcome them?

Any info or advice you could give would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Corey

Hi corey, welcome to the wls forum, i had a band fitted in november at dolan park, and have no regrets at all, i have lost 2 stone and i know that without the band i could not have achieved this, however the band is not a miracle cure for weightloss as so still have to watch what you eat but it does control your portion sizes. If you have any more questions just ask and good luck. julie

Hi Corey, don't know much about bands, just wanted to say hello and welcome. x

Back