• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm one step closer to having the op. Very chuffed :)

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
I rang the hospital today to check the outcome of the multidisciplinary team meeting at which they'd discussed my case, and guess what? They've agreed to offer me the bypass surgery! I was worried that the anaesthatist would refuse but he's agreed as long as I go into high dependancy after the op.
So just the funding to go now and apparantly the surgeon has written a really good letter to them, mentioning how I spent lots of money on private cbt so I'd be ok to have the op etc. I should know within the month.

I'm so chuffed. I never really thought when I had the gp referral in february, that I would actually get the op. Hopefully I should be on the losers bench by feb next year.

Great news! Another step in the right direction. xXx

Brilliant news hun so pleased for you, but whats CBT????

cbt is cognitive behavioural therapy. The bariatric nurse wanted me to get my binge eating under control before considering the op, but the waiting list for therapy was huge so I shelled out £90 a week from my benefits on private therapy and lived on beans on toast for a while. I guess it showed them how committed I was.

Thanks hun I had heard of it but I did tell you about my crap memory.

Well done you for investing in yourself too. xxxxx

Yay... thats such great news, you deserve it. x

Back