• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

very very low fat lunch idea!!!

cherry

hey girls/guys... so ive found this, tho your prob all using it anyways haha

its heinz chicken noodle soup~

in a whole tin theres~

kcal~124
protein~4.6g
carbs~11.9g
fat~0.6g
saturate~0.1g
fibre~0.3g
sodium~0.6g
salt~2.8g

so really there s not alot of anything but for rapid weightloss you could replace this for what you would have had for lunch! im gonna do it a couple of times this week, even had couple ryvitas for extra fibre, at 64 cals for two its ok!!

Can only just read this Kell - need a darker colour text? Anyway the soup sounds ideal - I am keeping a log of good ideas for when its my turn xx

i know just noticed that! its good idea hey to introduce when you need speedy results x

ive just had a tin of tuna with a quarter of chopped onion and some chopped cucumber all mixed together with some light salad cream and eaten it out of a bowl! im trying to cut most of the carbs out. i wonder how many calories are in that, noodle soup sounds good! i mite try that tomorrow!

I make a load of soups with veg from my garden and freeze them.... carrot and coriander, leek and onion, broccoli, got a load of cabbage so going to do that... plus cauliflower soup.

Easy to do... I use a heap of vegetables, low salt, skimmed milk and some stock cubes... make it myself and freeze it in bags... the more veg you use the thicker it will be.... I now leave all of the cream out I use to use and I used to make my own bread...

Just plain and simple and cheap!

Simple to boil the lot up and blend, season to taste but go easy on salt (I only buy low salt) because it makes you retain fluid.

Hope this helps... I rarely weigh anything just do it to my own taste and can make around a dozen portions for a quid or so... plus I know exactly what's in... you could add anything, noodles or whatever....
In the winter I do the same but with winter type veg...

Hope this may help someone out there, it helps me and it helps the bowels!

xxx

can you give me exact amounts? i know to put as much veg in as you like but how much skimmed milk do you put in to how much veg? and what stock do you use?

I'm used to cooking large quantities for my family... I don't use scales because I'm so used to it... for example...
from my head... not recipe book...

3lbs of carrots, dont peel skin off it's good for you, wash scrub and cut up.

Put in a saucepan as big as a pressure cooker.

Boil carrots, throw in a couple of large onions, I put about 3 large potatoes in too, for starch and thickening... I add vegetable Knorr stock cubes about 3 and low salt... both to taste.

Chop fresh coriander, I get two bunches from my local fruit shop and add before blending, it doesn't need much cooking, maybe a minute.

When boiled drain off some of the liquid... and blend with just a small amount of liquid in the blender.

Then... put back into a fresh saucepan and when you have blended the lot... start adding skimmed milk and any pepper or seasoning required.

We don't have our soup really thick anymore and when it's cooled, I fill around a dozen freezer bags and while I'm slimming it makes an ideal meal for me.... plus I hope to be prepared like this post op...with a freezer full of clear soups, I will be straining my soups for my op, but not at the moment.

The milk makes it creamy and I never add croutons or cream anymore.

I always add a couple or three potatoes and two large onions to most of my soups.... but post op... I shall check it out first with the dietician.

Probably forgotten something here... but it's simple, easy and cheap to do...

Experiment and it's great fun...

Hope this helps someone!

p.s. I only use low sodium salt, have done for years, that table salt we used to have, I always think it kills slugs, so what the hell is it doing for our bodies....

xxx

would sweet potatoe be as effective or wont that work?

Sweet potato would work and I saw the biggest loser diet explanation, they were recommending sweet potato, but check the calorific value etc....

When we have had our ops... I shall put protein in my soups... e.g. chicken... plus in the winter you can feel more hungry... I want to explore more with barley, lentils, pulses, in moderation, but they are supposed to be good too...

Good thing about you own soup is that it's to taste and you can get adventurous...it's a good healthy meal.

Just going to do the hula hoops session twice now... break up sitting here... it's no good for us to be sitting too long love!

Take care Keeley xxx

Back